Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Two Cases of the Sickies

Little Bit has had a low-grade fever since Friday evening and has been a little clingy, but when I took her to the dr yesterday, of course she had no fever, and the dr said it's just a summer virus that needs to run it's course.

Chipmunk has had a runny nose for the last couple weeks thanks to her cutting her 4 eye teeth all at the same time, but it's just turned that icky green, and she started poking her right ear. So at the last minute I decided to add her onto Little Bit's appt, and as it turns out, she was the one with the problem. She has an ear infection in her left ear. Not the one that she's been poking at, but I guess she was poking at the right ear b/c it was draining properly and felt funny to her. So she's on Amox. again. Let's hope it works this time and we don't have a repeat of the February never-ending ear infection.

So that's life in the Haik house right now.

Mom just left on Monday, so I went into a funk for a day or two. I always hate it when guests leave and we're left all by ourselves again. It's not that I hate it here, but I sure do hate that I'm so far from family and don't have a circle of friends yet. But my BFF comes up next week!!! Can't wait!!! I'm trying to live out the rest of the year in small increments...after my BFF leaves, we head to MS to see Jon's family for a few days. Then in September some friends from BR are coming to visit, Thanksgiving in MS in November, and Christmas in TX in December. And before we know it, we will have been up here for a year!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, poor M!!! I hope she feel's better soon! Baby K just had his 2nd set of tubes put in on 7/2...so I feel your frustration on ear infections! Keep your chin up too...I know it can't be easy starting over in VA, but your circle of friends will soon be so filled you won't have any free time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers