Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dress-Up Clothes Storage Problem Solved!

We were in desperate need of some storage for the girls' dress-up clothes, so after getting an entertainment center from a friend for FREE, and doing some searching on Pinterest for some ideas, we got our own project under way.

 
The entertainment center BEFORE
 
The finished product...we let the girls pick the color...I was nervous about the color at first, but I think it turned out beautifully!
 
I made tags with pictures and names of the items that go in each bin. They have a bin for wands, jewelry, makeup and hair stuff, electronics, crowns/headbands, and sunglasses. I found all the bins at Target.
 
The girls chose knobs from Target. They loved that they were hot pink and butterfly-shaped. They hang some of their purses, necklaces and their aprons on the knobs.
 
I found the mirror on Amazon.
 
 
We removed the glass from the door on the left and replaced it with a very thin piece of plywood covered in quilting batting and material (that I got from Amazon). The bottom drawer holds extra hangers, wands that are too big for their "wand" bin, and a few pieces of clothes that are hard too hang.
 
I found this material on Walmart's website.
 
 
The girls were so excited to "help" me paint. They got to paint the back and then sign their names to their masterpiece. :)
 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. SUPER CUTE!!!!! Love the dress center! I can't believe how big the girls are getting, and so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers