Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Moving in

It's been a little over a week since we moved in, and we've finally gotten enough unpacked to survive, but nothing hung on the walls b/c we're still fighting with the previous owner about what "move-in" ready means. They decided to fill all the holes and paint over them with a color that doesn't match the existing walls, so now we have paint splotches overwhere, and we want him to repaint the whole house. I'll let you know how that battle ends. But, I'm pretty sure we'll end up paying for his mess.

Sunday night I took my mom to the airport, and that was so hard! I did manage to keep from totally losing it, but I did have to do some retail therapy on the way home from the airport. Being up here has been okay, but we've already had a few bumps int he road.

Sunday night I fell down the stairs, and we initially thought I had dislocated my shoulder b/c I couldn't move my arm. So Jon called an ambulance since the girls were already in bed, and I rode to the hospital with them, and he got a neighbor to come stay with the girls while Jon met me there. Fortunately, it was just a bad contusion (and a lovely one on my hip which took the brunt of the fall), and it's just going to be sore for the next few days. It hurts to lift it over my head to shower and dress, but I am able to carry on with normal daily routines.

Chipmunk started throwing up a few days after we moved in. Boy was that fun! But the weird thing was that she only threw up Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. Nothing during the day. And now that she's over it she won't eat anything with chunks in it, so we're back to sweet potatoes, squash, and cereal with fruit. I'm hoping things will normalize as our life here stabilizes. I know it's been stressful for the girls to go from living in a hotel to Jon's grandmother's house, to my mom's house, to another hotel, and then finally to a brand new house. But I wanted to take her to the doctor yesterday just to make sure everything was okay, and get some confirmation that it could possibly be stress and not something else. And boy, was that the doctor's visit from HELL! But the sad thing is, the doctor we saw was not the doctor we wanted to see, but since she wasn't there we had to see this awful woman, Dr. A, and I truly thought I was going to throw a sippy cup at her by the time we were done. In a nutshell, I am stressing Chipmunk out and that's why she was throwing up, and she actually told me that I need to calm down and take a step back. I told her I understood that the move would be stressful, but my own husband told me I took the stress much better than he thought I would, so I highly doubted it was me stressing her out. It was the fact that we had been moving from place to place for the last month, and then all of the sudden she's in a new room, house, with different weather than what she's used to, etc... But it was odd to me that she was only throwing up at night, so I wanted to see if it could be something else (ie, sore throat, ear infection, maybe a stomach virus, etc...). She harped and harped on how overweight she is, and I finally had had enough and told her that I was not over feeding her, and that the only difference between Chipmunk's and Little Bit's diet was the cereal in the formula. I told her I did nothing without doctor assistance and advice, and for the last 3 months Chipmunk has gained only ounces, so I must be doing something right. I told her it was necessary to add the cereal b/c even with 20mg of Nexium she wasn't keeping her formula down. But the final kicker was her arguing with me about Chipmunk not getting her seasonal flu shot despite her having all of her shot records sitting in front of her. I told her about how we were at Chipmunk's 6 mo appt when the vaccs came in for the first time that season, and the nurse coming in and asking if I wanted to give the girls the vaccs. I told her yes, and they both got them. But she still argued with me saying only Little Bit had gotten them. But at that point I didn't have the records in front of me b/c the nurse hadn't given me my copy back, so I just let it go, and when the nurse came in to give the girls their H1N1 vaccs I told her about her arguing with me, and she confirmed that she had gotten them in August and Sept. Sadly, we won't be able to give Dr. F a try b/c if it means that I might have to deal with Dr. A again in the event that Dr. F isn't there, then we won't go there. And we had heard lots of good things about Dr. F. So we're back to trying to find a doctor. I was so frustrated when I left I was almost in tears. The rest of the staff was great, but I don't ever want to see Dr. A again.

Eventually we'll find all the cables for the camera, and I'll get to upload some Christmas pictures. We had a wonderful time with our family, even though it was a bit stressful bouncing from place to place.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering how things were going and how you were holding up.

    Phew.. this has turned into quite the adventure, eh?

    Soon enough, you will get settled in and comfortable with the area - and I think that will relieve a lot of the stress.

    I'm EXCITED that we're in the same state again! Yay! Road trip!

    P.S. That doctor sounds like a real YOU KNOW WHAT! Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY! What a rough 4 weeks for you and the girls. Hope things settle down soon.

    What a PITA the previous homeowner did to the walls! GAH!

    So sorry the ped office isn't going to work out. But I agree, if you don't like 1 of the doctors, don't sign up because you never know how many times you would have to see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I would be a big ball of stress after all of that! I'm sorry things haven't been going so smoothly, but I hope that soon you will be able to kick back and relax a little.
    I can't believe the doctor was that rude to you. What a bit.ch. I wouldn't want to see her again either.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this post the day you put it up but i have been thinking about it ever since.

    I think it is terribly unprofessional of your doctor to tell you that chipmunk is "overweight". She is a baby- babies tend to be on the chubby side.

    I was SO chubby when I was a baby. My mom had to pull apart my rolls to clean me in the tub! Her doctor told her I was storing it up because I had a lot of growing to do. I am now 5'8" and 130 lbs.

    I hope that comment didn't bother you too much- but it sure stuck with me. I don't know if she is walking yet but once she does she is going to slim down a lot- and even if she doesn't- she probably has a lot of growing to do ;)

    -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry things are so stressful right now. I hope things calm down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What complete craziness! I hope things slow down for you soon so you can get back into the swing of things. That really stinks about the new doctor, but hopefully you'll find another that you really like. Hope this week goes better!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers