Sunday, January 31, 2010
GREAT NEWS!!!
Friday afternoon I got a call that they were showing our house in BR, so I called Jon right after I got off the phone with the scheduling service to let him know, and I got him just as he was about to push the "send" button on the fax machine to turn in the paperwork for the company buy-out. I mean literally, he had typed in the number, put the paper in the slot and was about to press send when I called. Thankfully he picked up! Since it was Friday afternoon, we knew they wouldn't move on the paperwork until Monday at the earliest, so we decided to let the showing happen and hold off on the buy-out. I told Jon that maybe it was meant to be that I caught him right before he hit the send button and we would get an offer. We called our realtor and told her what was going on. Turns out the house showed twice on Saturday and then again today. Our realtor told each realtor for the potential buyers that we had another offer on the table (which was true...the company has offered us a certain amount, it's just up to us when we take the offer after the 60 day mandatory time frame), and we would hold off the acceptance giving them 48 hours to respond. Well, we got a call about an hour ago with an OFFER!!!! It's 4500 less than what we were offering, but we have a guaranteed price from Jon's company (so long as we don't go lower than a certain price), so since their offer is slightly lower than the guaranteed price, his company will buy it from us at the guaranteed price, and then sell to the buyer for their offer, which means they lose the money, not us. The good thing is, the buyer doesn't want closing costs or a warranty, and they want to close on Feb. 25. Now we're just praying that the inspection goes well and there's not much work that needs to be done. Another good things about the timing of the sale is that we've already paid this month's mortgage on the thouse, and the closing will happen right before the next payment is necessary, so we only had to go through one month with a double mortgage. And one more positive is that we get a 3% seller's incentive since we're not leaving the company to sell the house. YEA!!! Please pray that the inspection goes well!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








YAY! Prayers for a good inspection.
ReplyDeleteGirl I know how important it is for all this to work since ours on the market too and feeling the stress. I wish DH's company would do a buy out but we don't have that option. Praying all goes well for inspection and everything PERFECT!!!!!
ReplyDelete