Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sick Little Girls

February 3rd I took the girls to the doctor here in Gainesville b/c they were both very conjested and their coughs were sounding more and more chesty. And since we were planning to fly to Houston on the 6th, I wanted to make sure their ears were clear, and sure enough, both of them had an ear infection. So we started 10 days of Amo.xicill.in. On Feb 14th (the day we were scheduled to fly home) Chipmunk woke up throwing up. I knew we couldn't get on the plane with her in that condition, so we headed to the ER. The determined that the mucus from her cold was settling in her chest making her nauseated. They checked her eats, and she still had an ear infection. So they put her on Omni.cef for 10 days. Jon needed to fly home, so he got a flight out later on the 14th, and I stayed behind hoping the new meds would help her ear infection in time for us to fly home on the 19th. But on the 16th Little Bit started running a fever of 103.3 that continued to rise even after a dose of Tyl.enol and Mo.trin. So we headed back to the ER. After an RS.V test, strep test, chest x-ray and catheter insert for UTI test, it was determined that she had pneumonia. So she was also put on Omni.cef for 10 days and was given a shot of Ro.ceph.in. But before we left the ER Chipmunk gota rash on her face and neck, so I had them check her out. Turns out the rash was just a heat rash even though we were inside an air conditioned building and she was just hanging out with my aunt in the lobby. They checked her ears and they still weren't looking any better, so she was given a shot of Roc.ephin as well.

Today, Chipmunk woke up throwing up again, so I called the dr. After being given 3 different antibiotics in the last 20 days, Chipmnunks ear still isn't better, and in fact, she now has a double ear infection. So she's been put on 10 days of Augme.ntin. We go back to the dr on Thursday for a recheck, and if the meds haven't made some progress we'll be referred to an ENT. Poor baby has really had it rough for the last 3 weeks. How awful to be feeling so horribly and nothing is helping. We're just praying that meds can help her, but I think I'd like for her to have tubes so she won't have to go through this again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, when it rains it pours, eh? I hope that everyone starts feeling better and stays healthy. Of course everything is a little scary when it's your baby involved, but tubes really are easy-peasy, 10 minutes in and out.. worst part is them coming to after the anesthesia and no pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kiddo got tubes in December after many many ear infections that wouldn't clear up. He has done great. I can't say enough good things about the tubes. He catches fewer colds and hasn't had any ear problems. I hope they're both feeling better soon! Happy birthday Chipmunk!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers