Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our House Has the Cooties!

Wednesday around 10:00am I started feeling a little nauseated, but I just chalked it up to the fact that I only had toast for breakfast, so I grabbed a snack and went back to the playroom. At 11:30 I took the girls upstairs for snack and then naptime, and by the time I got them both in their beds I was wiped out. So I called Jon and told him I wasn't feeling well, and that I thought he needed to come home. And by noon, I was throwing up, and by 2:00 I was dry heaving and feeling pretty much like death warmed over with chills and aches. So I had Jon call my doctor (who I had just seen 2 days prior in need of a referral to a rheumatologist feeling just fine.) The girls were still sleeping, so I drove myself to the dr. In hindsight, that wasn't the best thing to do, but I made it there. The doctor took some blood to make sure it wasn't bacterial (which it was) and wanted to give me a shot to help the nausea, but she couldn't b/c I drove myself. So I called Jon and told him to meet me there, but then realized that I had driven my car, the only car with 2 carseats. So I drove myself home with pink bucket in hand, and then Jon drove me back. I got my shot, and then went home to bed. I was put on an antibiotic to clear up the infection, and finally yesterday I was back among the living. Jon was a total sweetie while he took care of not only the girls, but me as well. But the bad thing was, he had started feeling bad and had tummy issues by Wednesday evening. Then Chipmunk and Little Bit got diarrhea. So he was changing all kinds of icky diapers all while he was feeling bad. Yesterday I emerged from the bedroom feeling much better, and Ooperation Cootie Removal began. We scrubbed the bathrooms and kitchen, Lyso.led the bedrooms, washed sheets, cleaned toys, and cleaned just about everything in sight in order to rid our house of the cooties. I'm better, Little Bit is better, Chipmunk still has a touch of diarrhea, and Jon is still a little congested, but I think we're all on the mend. I've had enough sickness to last the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers