Sunday, April 10, 2011

This annoyed me

♥♥ I've carried a baby within my body. I've slept with a baby on my chest. I have kissed boo boos, been puked, peed, and pooped on and spent sleepless nights in a rocking chair. But I wouldn't have it any other way. My body isn't magazine perfect, but when I look into the mirror, I see a mom and there is no greater honor or blessing. Make this your status if you're proud to be a mom. ♥ ♥

It shouldn't annoy me, but because of the first sentence, it made me feel like less of a mom. As if I needed help with that! The person who posted this didn't annoy me. It's the fact that the person who originally wrote it felt the need to put that in. Does it really matter if you carried a baby within your body??? I mean, really, does it??? Yea for all those who did, but there are moms out there who didn't, but thanks for pointing that out! I wanted to post a revised version that said, "I didn't carry a baby within my body, but I'm still a mom,"  but I thought it might make me sound petty, so I just left it alone.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. One of my facebook friends posted that and I thought the exact same thing. We should come up with an adoption appropriate one that only us adoptive moms can say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is irritating. Most of those canned FB status updates are. Stuff like that makes me want to reply, "I've carried a baby in my body AND my body killed it. Can you say you've done that?"

    Glad I'm more into leaving things alone than the sick shock value that might give me some strange pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. right there with you! I cringe when I see it, and I see it often, ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I am not the ONLY one! Yes I completely agree, it is irritating and I feel the same way.
    BTW, I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers