Thursday, September 18, 2008

THANK YOU!!!

I can't tell you how much your comments have meant to J and me. The other night, J was looking over my shoulder when your comments started coming in so we read them all together. Later he came back in and said, "anymore comments?" It was cute! Mom and Charley brought baby Little Bit* home from the hospital yesterday after many hours waiting for her meds and taking a few parenting and CPR classes. Mom sent me a picture of her with her cell phone. She's pretty darn cute!! (*Actually the name that my SS gave her is Athena, but mom said she just couldn't call her that, so she asked us what our girl name was.)

I'm having a hard time getting my feelings across about all this, but I'll try my best so bear with me. J asked if I felt obligated or forced to do this b/c it's Charley's grandchild, and I said no, but at the same time I felt like I couldn't say no. I know that doesn't make sense, but I have this feeling in my gut that it's just the right thing for us, so by turning this situation down I feel like we would be making a very selfish decision. Now to some of you it might sound like I feel obligated, but it's not that. And maybe that's just God whispering that He's got it all covered and I have nothing to worry about so that's why I feel so at peace about it. I think that if I was doing this out of obligation then I wouldn't feel at peace about it. Does any of that make sense???

J and I have talked about this in great length, we have prayed about it, and we both feel like we are prepared to give this precious child all the love she deserves. We don't feel like we're rushing into anything that we'll later regret. We're going to continue to pray that the Lord spares her from the HIV, but if for some reason He doesn't, we are going to do everything we can to make sure that she has a normal life and feels secure in who she is as she grows up.

J and I are going to spend the weekend at my parent's house to meet Little Bit. We're very excited!! J will come home Sunday so he can work all next week, but I'm going to stay thru the 8th. Then he'll come back the following weekend so that we can go with my parents to see the infectious diseases doctor (ID Doc) on Oct. 7th. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to ask the doctor all the questions that we have swirling around in our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers