I had no idea when I came here to Houston that it would take me just a matter of minutes to fall completely in love with baby Little Bit. We are having so much fun getting to know her, and I'm gonna brag here, but she is the best baby!! She hardly ever cries, and when she does she's very easily consoled. (I'm sure I just jinxed myself!) She eats like a pro, though burping is a little difficult. She's not a fan of the burping.
Yesterday mom and I went to Tar.get to pick up a few things, and before we left I went to freshen up. I looked in the mirror and saw the spit up on my shoulder and just smiled. I smiled b/c I'm normally all about looking "presentable", but at that moment I wanted to wear those stains with pride.
As I type J is in the other room cuddling with Little Bit, and Maddie (our dachshund) is laying on the bed next to him wondering why this little person is taking all her attention. Maddie has been very good with Little Bit, but we can definitely tell she's jealous. As soon as we pass the baby off, she immediately jumps in our lap. We're trying to let her sniff Little Bit and lie next to us when we are holding her.
My parents mailed the letter to my SS. Hopefully in a couple weeks we'll hear back from her. My SS had a hearing about her release on Sept. 25, and apparently it's slated for Nov 8. My step-dad would like for all this to be taken care of before she gets out of prison. Thank you all so much for your prayers and good thoughts. I feel like I'm in a dream world. I know this process could take a while before she's "ours", but we are hoping and praying it all goes smoothly and she's in our home by Thanksgiving. I will try to post pictures of Little Bit tomorrow.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)