Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Heart Overfloweth

Things are still going extremely well here. Sometimes I have to stop and pinch myself b/c it just doesn't seem real. I feel like I'm playing house. I know there are no guarantees that Little Bit will be ours, but my heart is so full of love for this little girl.

My SS received the letter that my step-dad (S-D) wrote her, and she tried to call here, but for some reason the call wouldn't come through. So she called my step-grandmother (GM) and talked to her for a while yesterday. At first she was adamant about keeping Little Bit and moving back to east Tx once she was released. But when my S-D told her in the letter that she had nowhere to live b/c her aunt didn't want her to live with her, she said she wasn't opposed to the adoption. But she wanted to wait until she was released from prison (Nov. 8th) to make the decision b/c she wants to see Little Bit. She said that if she placed her for adoption she wanted to get pictures and letters (we can do that), and she wanted us to keep her given name (can't do that one...Athena just ain't right!) Nothing is written in stone, but at least she's not opposed. Now to work on getting her to sign away her rights before she's released. My GM believes that she will go through with the adoption. Let's just pray she's right!!!

We took Little Bit to get her pictures taken at Tar.get yesterday b/c the county hospital doesn't do newborn pics. Little Bit slept through the first two sittings (one was in my pink dress that I had my first pictures in, and the other was a fall outfit). Then we put her in a halloween body suit and she decided to wake up for those. The last sitting was Little Bit in her diaper laying on a blanket of pink artificial flowers. Oh my gosh they were so cute. By the end of that sitting Little Bit was getting fussy b/c she was cold, so the photographer had me rest her head in my hands. I started singing to her, and she got the best shot of Little Bit looking up at me. My heart melted when we saw that picture. Needless to say we spent a ton of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers