Friday, October 10, 2008

Hey Big Spender

We got back to BR Wednesday afternoon after a very hard goodbye to Little Bit. I've only known her for a week and a half, and I never knew it would be so hard to come home without her. Even if it is only for a few days!!

Yesterday we started cleaning out the nursery, we bought her furniture, and we also bought a "new to me" car...ALL IN ONE DAY!!! Her furniture is absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to get it all set up. We're going to pick it up tomorrow morning!!!

J and I have known for a while now that we needed to replace his car, but we wanted to wait as long as possible so we could save up as much money as we could. In an ideal situation we would have liked to pay cash for it, but with me living in Hou.ston until we get custody of Little Bit, J will have to do lots of commuting on the weekends. So we started looking online last night at 5:30, and by 9:00 we had a new car!! We found an '06 Hon.da C.R-V at a nearby Hon.da dealership with only 19,000 miles on it. It was listed at $19,000, but we were able to pull the "price matters b/c we're adopting a baby" card and we got it for $17,288!!! Well, that and the fact that we had seen the same car at another dealership in New Or.leans (in a color I didn't want) with 15,000 miles on it for $17,000. We told the salesman that if we could get a comparible price we would rather buy from him b/c we didn't want to travel.

My SS has called her grandmother to tell her that she knows that adoption is the best thing for Little Bit, but she wants to be involved in the process. She really wants to meet J and me (I have never met my SS b/c she never comes around, and we haven't told her that we're the ones wanting to adopt Little Bit b/c of her addiction.) My SD doesn't want her to meet us, but it's looking more and more like we will. We're going to write her a letter and tell her a little about us and hope that she'll accept that in lieu of a meeting. My SD just doesn't want her to know that a family member has Little Bit b/c her life is so destructive. He's just not sure what she'll try to do. Honestly, he doesn't think she'll do anything, but he wouldn't put it past her either. Does that make sense? I know so many birthmoms are able to be involved in the adoption process and in the lives of their child after the adoption, and quite honestly I would rather it be that way, but with my SS being an addict and a prostitute it just changes everything. I'm comforted that Little Bit will know her grandfather and her aunt. In many adoptions that's not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers