I was looking at some pictures of Little Bit from when J and I first arrived here on Sept. 19 and I was just floored by how much Little Bit has changed in just a matter of weeks. Her cheeks are filling out, she's gotten a lot longer, and she's even gotten a double chin. She's as precious as ever!! She has been smiling in her sleep for some time now, but this morning I got a "wide awake" smile while I had her laying on my legs and I was making faces at her. I immediately started crying. I can't tell you how good it feels for people to be calling me "mommy", but today's little smile made my heart burst with love!!
We're having a bit more trouble with the spitting up. I'm wondering if we should switch to soy formula. Mom thinks we should wait until we see the doctor on Nov 6. We don't have a pedi yet b/c the ID doc is our pedi at least until she gets 4 negative HIV tests. That poses a bit of a problem b/c she's at the county hospital, and they don't exactly rush to return phone calls. It's frustrating! We've applied with medi.caid to get a pedi here in town so we don't have to go downtown for her shots once she tests out of the HIV (which I KNOW she will!!).
Little Bit was 6 weeks old on Thursday, so we packed up and traveled to Baton Rouge to see J. She did so well in the car. We stopped about every hour and a half to get her out of the seat, and I fully expected her to wail when we put her back in, but she didn't. When we got there several friends called and asked if they could come by to meet Little Bit. I was such a proud momma showing her off!!!
Yesterday was Little Bit's first day at church. (But not our church in BR. We had to come back to Houston on Saturday b/c mom had some obligations at her church.) We had her dressed in a long pink dress with pretty white shoes on. She looked so pretty!! Everyone ooh-ed and ahh-ed over her, and I gushed with pride.
We got her pictures back that we had taken a couple weeks ago. I tried to scan a profile pic of her head in my hands, but mom's scanner isn't working. So you'll have to wait! My SD talked to Little Bit's BM Saturday, and she's excited about the adoption. She still wants to see Little Bit one last time, so my SD is going to pick her up from jail on Nov 8, and they will meet my mom and Little Bit somewhere so she can see her. J and I wrote her a letter, but as of Saturday she hadn't gotten it yet. We're hoping she gets it today. Apparently they only get mail on certain days. Guess I should go check on Little Bit. It's almost time for her 2:30 feeding!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)