If you'll take a look at my tickers you'll notice that the day our profiles were current and we were placed on "the waiting list" with each of our agencies was 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days ago (September 3rd). And if you'll look at Little Bit's ticker, you'll notice that she is 1 month, 3 weeks and 3 days old (she was born on September 4th). But it gets even better!! The day that my parents called to tell me about Little Bit was Tuesday, September 16th. That doesn't seem like much of a big thing until you learn that September 16th was my last day of work. But here's the weird part...it wouldn't have been my last day of work had Gustav not blown through. If the Hurricane hadn't come through Baton Rouge my last day of work would have been at the end of August. Coincidence? Not the way I see it. The way I see it all of this happened just as God wanted it to happen. With all that's happened thus far, I can only believe that the rest will fall into place just as God wants it to.
Did I mention that my 21 year old, single cousin who still lives at home and has no job is pregnant? Normally I would be livid at this shocking news, but with everything that has happened with Little Bit, I'm more saddened by this news than anything. My cousin has never had a good relationship with my aunt and uncle, and my aunt thinks that she did this as a way to rebel against them or to fill a void in her life. I want my cousin to place the baby for adoption because she can't give it the life it deserves. My cousin is lazy and very self absorbed, so no child should be forced into that kind of a situation. At first she wasn't giving adoption a second thought, but my mom told me today that my cousin told my aunt that had Little Bit not come into the picture that she would have placed her baby with us. So at least she's thinking about adoption now. The baby daddy has said that he will be involved in the baby's life, but since the day that she first told him about the pregnancy he's been nowhere around. Typical. Please pray for my cousin to do what's best for the baby. She knows she can't care for the baby, and my aunt has already said that they will not be co-parents with her. She either needs to take full responsibility or look into adoption.
Mom told her she needed to come live with us to see what it takes to care for a baby 24/7. But my cousin said she didn't want to do that. I would love for her to come spend a few days and nights here because I have a feeling my cousin has no clue what taking care of a baby involves when all the work will rest on her shoulders. Mom said I need to let her watch me for a day and then for the next 2 days and nights make her do everything. Kinda like on the job training.
Mom asked if we would still be interested in adopting her baby now that Little Bit is in our lives. While I wouldn't have hesitates before, now I'm thinking it would be better if someone outside the family adopted the baby. For one, I think it would be really awkward at family gatherings for her to see her child. And second, I just don't know if we could handle a newborn and a 9 month old all at the same time. My SD has had someone come up to him and tell him about 2 couples in his church who are looking to adopt. So who knows...I honestly don't think she'll follow through with the adoption, but I could be wrong. Just please remember her in your prayers. This is a very tough situation, and my aunt isn't exactly one to keep her opinions to herself, so I think sometimes she makes it worse.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)