Monday, November 3, 2008

Exciting News!!!

Mom talked to our lawyer today, and once my SS signs the guardianship paperwork on Saturday, we'll get to bring Little Bit home!!! J has to be in Houston for work Nov. 13-14, so we're gonna stay here until then, and once he gets off work on the 14th we'll head to BR!!! I'm so freakin' excited I can't see straight! This will be the BEST anniversary present EVER!!! (Our anniversary is Nov 16.) Once they gain guardianship our lawyer will start the process of getting the guardianship transferred to us. Then he'll start working on filing for termination of parental rights. We still have a long way to go before Little Bit is ours, but this is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction!!!

ETA: We had the ICPC (interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) filed with the courts early on in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers