Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Move

Tuesday after Little Bit's appt with the ID doc, we packed the car and headed home!! The appt went well...Little Bit got another negative HIV test, so we're at 3 negatives. The doctor said that with a fourth negative at 4 months, she will consider her negative and we can start seeing a regular pedi. She said that she'll still have to have another HIV test at 12 months, but they have never seen a case where the 12 month came back + after all the others have come back -. So that was a HUGE relief!!


It was really hard for my parents to say goodbye to Little Bit. She has been in their house for 2 months, afterall. And quite honestly, as happy as I was to finally be moving home, I was sad as well. There were lots of tears shed. Our car was packed to the roof, and we were packed in there like sardines, but even with that, mom still had to mail us some stuff!!





Maddie, the dog, was supposed to ride in the front seat with Jon, but about 20 minutes into the journey she hopped in the backseat with Little Bit and me. So that made it even more crowded!!

It took us 6.5 hours to make a 4 hour journey b/c of a bad wreck in Beaumont where we sat (read: did not move) for 90 minutes!!! Once we got moving again we inched forward only to be diverted onto the access road. And the whole time we were sitting I was thinking that I should be feeding Little Bit. But that would have required that I take her out of her car seat, and Jon kept saying, "You never know when we're going to start moving again." And while he's technically correct, as soon as we got going again she woke up and was hungry. So we had to make another 30 minute stop! We finally rolled into BR at 11:30 Tuesday night. We were so tired!! As I changed Little Bitand got her ready for bed, Jon unloaded the car. I think we crawled into bed at 12:30.

And guess what...Miss Little Bit was wide awake at 4:30!!! Boy was I tired!!! But a mother's job is never done!

Gotta go...Little Bit is calling! More later!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how awesome welcome home. I am glad that all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna, I love, love, love reading stories like this about you and your new daughter! I am so extrememly happy for you!!!!!! Thank heavens for good test results too! Still praying for the 12 mo. to be negative--and will be praying even after that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janna, I can't wait to hear more stories! Gotta tell you, the car....had me laughing....mine still looks like that when we go on trips and Timothy and Rachel are 6 and 4! (Grant it, you were moving back home!)

    Still praying for that 4th negative!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm shocked and completely UNSHOCKED at just how natural you are with all of this 'mom stuff'. I can feel you beaming through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both! And great news on the HIV tests!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers