My SD picked up my SS this morning and took her to the notary's office.
THE TERMINATION PAPERS ARE SIGNED!!!!!!!!!!
We are BEYOND excited!!!
Now, our lawyer will file the papers with the court on the 11th day after signing (TX law). My parents are Little Bit's legal guardians and they will be given a court date once the papers are filed. At that point they will be given legal custody of Little Bit and we will begin the adoption process. In Texas the courts will assign a lawyer to "all possible fathers" who will place ads in papers looking for the men that my SS slept with. Once a sufficient amount of time has passed and no one comes forward, the courts will terminate the birth father's rights and the adoption process can procede.
Since my parents are now her legal guardians they are going to allow us to bring Little Bit back home with us next week!!! So moving day will be Nov. 18th!!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








My goodness. I am beyond elated for you. I can't imagine the emotions you're going through. Dreams really can come true. O is so very lucky to have you both.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! Yay! O will be beyond blessed with you as her mommy!
ReplyDeleteOH MY!!! I am so excited for you, I remember both days with our kiddos when we recieved word that termination papers had been signed-whew! I know you all are THRILLED and I am so happy for you all. CONGRATULATIONS:) and God Bless
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness, how very exciting. I am so happy for you and J. O is so blessed to have parents like you guys. Dreams and prayers do come true.
ReplyDeleteWOW....that's exciting!!
ReplyDeleteThat is fabulous news!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, this is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Congrats! I hope everything continues to go smoothly!
ReplyDeleteSo incredibly happy for you! YAY!
ReplyDeleteYipeeeeeeeee! Fantastic news.
ReplyDeleteI am addicted to your blog, even though I never leave comments. I was covered in goose bumps when I read your last post! I have prayed daily for you and J and have been inspired as I have watched your journey towards motherhood. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Baby O is so very lucky and sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news!!!
ReplyDelete