I *think* I'm beginning to get it down, but geez, there's a lot to learn!! Why don't they send them home from the hospital with a manual???
We're still having issues with spitting up. And boy can our little girl spit up!! Several times a day it's projectile!! We talked to the doctor about it, and she suggested feeding her every 2 hours!! I don't think she realizes that if I did that, that's all I'd be doing!! We're feeding her 4 oz every 3 hours. We thought about going back down to 3 oz every 3 hours, but at 2 hours she's fussy b/c she's hungry. She's gaining weight, and she's a happy spitter, so the doctor isn't worried. We're feeding her slowly, stopping every so often to burp and then rest, and we're sitting her up for about 30 minutes after each feeding. But the projectile spitting has continued. I finally gave up and moved on from the Simi.lac Sensitive to Sim.ilac Sensitive AR. We're hoping that helps, though the first few feedings didn't show much difference. Maybe it takes a little time???
Our little munchkin weighs 10 lbs and is 21.5 inches long!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Um, she's bigger than M.. haha.
ReplyDeleteHmm.. is she on any Reflux meds? I can't remember if she is or not. Is she spitting up mostly DURING feedings, or at other times? Do you have a wedge propping up her mattress - if she's in a crib? Enfamil A.R. should be similar to what you're on, I believe they're both thickened with rice starch. HOWEVER, you can NOT use something like Prevacid WITH Enfamil A.R. The Prevacid neutralizes the stomach acid, and the A.R. thickens only when it HITS acid, so they counteract one another. If she's NOT on Reflux meds, then she shoul be. And if she IS, maybe they need to consider a different one. Can you use her ped. for a Ped. GI referral?
Hey Janna, I'm glad things are going well for your little one. Wanted to give you a little advice on the spitting up (one of my co-workers swears by it and has already told me if this is a problem for us once our little one arrives that we should try: Stop heating bottles. Try using room temp water when you mix with formula. She swears that her son stopped spitting up when she stopped warming bottles. I don't know if it works, but it would be easy enough to try. Let me know if it helps.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice on the spitting up, but sounds like a common problem.
ReplyDeleteNo doubt you will do some trial and error and keep that formula down.
Olivia sounds like a little doll. More photos please!
Torin used to spit up a lot. My Pedi recommended that I switch to Playtex bottles with the drop in bags. That made a huge difference. It keeps the baby from getting too much air in his/her stomach. She also told me that as long as he was gaining weight not to worry about it.
ReplyDeleteI don't have much advice on spitting up either. You are doing a lot of the things we do like slow, upright feeding and staying upright for 30 minutes afterward. I did find that the clear, silicone nipples for the playtex drop ins have a much slower flow than the latex ones and that helped some, too.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on feeding every two hours. We are doing that with nursing right now and it DOES seem like all I do.
Hang in there--sounds like you are doing GREAT!