Friday, December 18, 2009

Interim Living Has Begun

The movers showed up today to start packing the house. Until today the move didn't seem real, but today, reality set in and so did the emotions. I'm now at the hotel with the girls, and once I got them down for their nap the waterworks started. It was good to cry, to get it all out. I haven't cried much since we told our family about the move. I knew it would be hard, but I didn't know just how hard it would be to move out of this house. I've never really liked this house, but we chose it knowing we wouldn't be here long term, so we looked at it as an investment, and took out a 15 yr mortgage in order to have more equity to put down on our next house. But I am sad to leave b/c it's the girl's first house. The house that held Little Bit's first birthday party. The house that we walked and paced while holding and trying to comfort a colicky baby for hours each night. This house holds so many memories for us, and leaving brings tears to my eyes everytime I think about it. I'm very excited about our new house, and I'm looking forward to making many memories there. I know that our house in BR is just a house, but when it's your child's first house, it holds a special place in your heart.

We're staying in a suite, so we have a full size kitchen and a living and dining room, so I can get a few things done while the girls nap. Little Bit keeps waking up, though. She's not used to this place, so she's not able to sleep. New sounds, new bed, and we made it here without her blanket b/c it was in the washer when we left. It's a lot for a little girl. Hopefully since we'll be here for several days she'll get used to it. But then we'll throw her another curveball, and she'll be sleeping in a pack-n-play at Jon's grandmother's house for a couple days. I knew this would happen, but I wasn't really prepared for all of the tears she would cry b/c she was scared. So of course, I cried right along with her. Chipmunk, on the other hand, cried a little when I put her in the bed, but after a little comforting she went right to sleep. That child can sleep anywhere! :)

Jon just showed up with lunch, so I'm enjoying a Son.ic grilled chicken sandwich and tater tots right now. Time to get back to updating our address and phone number for all the credit cards, magazines, etc...

On a happier note...Chipmunk's adoption day is 5 days away!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie. You definitely have my sympathy. You know I've been there/done that, so just hang in there - you'll make it through this and so will they. Think of it like an adventure ;o). You're a STRONG momma, so I know that if anyone can do this - it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been able to let anybody cry by themselves - I'm crying right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot to have going on at once. I am sure the girls will be just fine in the end. Yay for adoption day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers