Monday, December 21, 2009

The Suite Life with Little Bit and Chipmunk Day 3

OK...I know it's totally not an original title, but I thought it was fitting for our current situation.

The movers are finished packing and loading, so they pulled out of town with all our stuff. We couldn't fit the 3 boxes of scrapbooks in our car along with all the other things we would need for the next few weeks, so they had to go on the truck. And that is TOTALLY stressing me out!!! I was fine with sending everything else on the truck b/c it's all insured and replaceable, but not my scrapbooks! I have put MANY hours and LOTS of blood, sweat and tears into those pages of memories, and if anything happens to them I will absolutely lose my mind and have to be committed!!! I know I'm not supposed to cling to earthly possessions, but in the event of a fire, (after we were all safe sound) I have always said I would run in and grab all of my scrapbooks. So I have said many prayers for the safety of our drivers (who were absolutely great, btw) and then asking God to protect my albums. It's silly, I know, but they are just that important to me, and I'm sure most (if not all) scrapbookers would agree.

The packing went well, and our movers were so nice. They were great southern gentlemen, and yesterday when Jon got home once they were done he walked in with an armfull of toys. They hated that the girls were having to be "displaced" during Christmas, so they bought them a couple toys and a blanket each. Of course that gave me chills. They didn't have to do that, and it was just such a nice gesture. Fortunately, we'll get to see them all when they move us in our new house, so Jon told them that once everything was moved in he was treating them to Fi.ve Gu.ys. (If you haven't had a Fi.ve Guy.s burger...you are missing out!!!! Well, IMHO you are. :) )

Yesterday was our last day at our church, FBC Baton Rouge. We're really going to miss worshipping there. There are so many wonderful people there that we're going to miss. I know we'll find a new church up in VA, but there's just something special about FBC that we're really going to miss.

Last night we went to The Pilgrimage, an annual event held by the dowtown churches in BR, and we walk from church to church and listen to selections from the music that they did for their Christmas music presentation. We only spend about 20 minutes at each church, but it's such a neat way to spend an evening. It's wonderful to see every pew filled to capacity with standing room only in some churches. Little Bit went last year, but she was so small we bundled her up in our Baby Bjo.orn, and she slept the entire night. This year we strolled them in their new stroller, and they kicked their feet, danced and waved their hands to the music. They were quite entertaining.

Living in the hotel suite isn't all that bad. I'm loving getting clean towels everyday and having someone wash my dishes that are in the dishwasher. :) Call me spoiled!! The girls still aren't sleeping well, but they're doing better each night. Just as soon as they get used to the hotel cribs we'll load up and head to MS and they'll be in pack-n-plays. Oh the joys of interim living. HA

2 days until Chipmunk's adoption day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Moving is rough and I cannot imagine doing it with two little ones. That said, I'm glad things are going well! Praying for a safe and quick move for you all! And of course a smooth adoption day for Chipmunk! :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers