Friday, Jon called and told me that some of his co-workers were getting together at one of their houses for drinks and appetizers, and they all really wanted to me me and the girls. So at 4:00 I started loading the girls up. I checked the mail before we left and got a letting the mail that I didn't really qualify for Re.mi-St.art (it's a program set up by the makers of Remi.cade--the infusion I take every 8 wks for my arthritis). I had applied for the program b/c up here the dr. I see doesn't keep Remi.cade on hand, so they order when needed, and that means I have to pay a $150 deductible to a pharmacy every 8 weeks just to receive the infusion rather than just reimbursing the clinic through my medical October b/c we didn't know we were moving at the time, so my dr set me up on the Re.mi-Start prog.ram. I decided to call the company to straighten everything out before we left. Turns out they had my insurance policy number wrong, so they thing that once they resubmit it that I'll qualify. By this time it was 4:20, and I was running late. The girls and I got on the road, and luckily there wasn't much traffic so it didn't take us as long as I thought to get to Jon's office to pick him up. But before we got there, we were rearended. I totally wanted to lose it b/c the girls were in the car with me, and I was so worried about them, but as soon as we were hit Little Bit started crying. I got her calmed down, and the driver who hit us came to the car. The cop got there about 30 minutes later, and we got everything squared away, and since my car was driveable, he let me leave. The frustrating part of it all was that we were literally 3 minutes from Jon's office. I pulled onto the shoulder of the freeway and looked up and saw the overpass with the street name written on it. I made it to Jon's office, and we checked the girls out. (We weren't hit very hard, so I was able to tell at the accident scene that the girls weren't hurt.) Chipmunk didn't have a scratch on her, and Little Bit had a small scrape on her neck from the car seat strap. But other than that, the girls were just fine. After we looked the car over we finally made it to happy hour about an hour late, and it was nice to spend some time with other adults. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a SAHM, but sometimes I need some adult interraction. We've been up here over 3 months, and we've yet to find a church home or meet people other than our neighbors, so it's been a very lonely feeling. It was so nice to meet some new people. I know I won't see them very often, but it was fun while it lasted.
Saturday we went to a rummage sale at a church by Jon's office, and I found 2 boxes of Home.stead snack plates and cups by Fed.eral Gla.ss for $5 a box!! I have been wanting to start collecting the snack plates and cups to use for showers and parties, so I was so excited to find these!! I also found a beautiful punch bowl and 8 cups for $5! I don't really need the punch bowl, but I do need some more cups. So that made my mood a little better! The girls had a really good time. Little Bit found her an Er.nie toy and a new ball. And Chipmunk found her a Miss. Piggy mirror and a little kitty. Then Little Bit found a little puppy and a puppy bed. I think we got all that for like $2.
Monday I spent the rainy day calling insurance companies and getting all that squared away. Tuesday I took my car to the body shop and picked up the rental. The Gei.co adjuster at the shop told me that I needed to replace the car seats, so when I got home I sent Jon to work and started doing some research since they no longer made the seat we have. I called Jon and told him what seat I wanted him to pick up on his way home from work, and that evening we got them installed.
This morning I loaded up the girls and we drove back out to the body shop to turn in the old seats and get our reimbursement check. On the way to the grocery store from the shoop, Chipmunk got sick all over the new seat and the rental car! And of course, there was nowhere for me to pull off the road, so I had to drive another 3 minutes down the road before I could even calm her down, and all the while Chipmnunk is getting more and more upset b/c I can't tend to her. Poor baby!! It was awful!! And smelled was horrible b/c of the sour milk. GROSS!!! Luckily when I loaded up the rental car I put in the beach towels that I had in my car, so I had something in there to clean her and the car seat up with. I put her in the back of the car and closed the door so she couldn't fall out (don't worry...it's a small SUV, so it was open to the back seats) and I got the seat cleaned up enough for us to get home. Then I stripped her down and wrapped one of the towels around her and put her back in the seat. When we finally got home, I got the girls in the house and the seat out of the car, and got the cover off. I got Chipmunk some Ped.ialyte and turned on El.mo so I could get after the seat. I have come to the realization that car seat makers have never had a child get sick while in the car. OMG! Sour milk was in EVERY crease and crevice and all over the straps (which can't be taken out of the seat, btw). It was disgusting!! Chipmunk got sick in the car in her old seat, but it wasn't near as hard to get cleaned up b/c most of it went all over the car, not her seat. But this time, I'm not sure if I'm relieved it missed most of the car since it was a rental, or if I'm wishing it had hit the car and spared the seat. lol I still don't know if I got it all, but I spent 45 minutes trying to get it all cleaned up. Now...it's time to get the car cleaned, so I better log off and get busy while the girls are still asleep.
I'm just hoping the rest of the week is calm and uneventful. I think I've had enough action for one week. lol
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Wowza. I had a week like that a few weeks back. I wanted to crawl into a hole!
ReplyDeleteI hope things start looking up. Have you tried to find a mom's group in the area? Check out meetup.com... our playgroup is on there and it's wonderful.
And dare I say it again? Road trip!
I hope your day gets better!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly moly girl whata crazy week! Glad all ook in the accident! What car seat did you end up getting?
ReplyDeleteHope the rest of your week is super!!!!