Saturday, May 22, 2010
Urgent Prayer Request!!!
Please pray for Jill, our birthmother coordinator during Chipmunk's adoption, and her family. They have had their 4 year old son for the last 2 years, and yesterday, they had to return him to his biological dad after losing a long court battle. This is a dad who has had nothing to do with his son his entire 4 years of life. I cannot begin to fathom their pain and their son's confusion as to why he can no longer live with the parents he's come to love and adore. Jon and I are so heartbroken for this family. We have cried for them, and we've sat in silence and disbelief, not knowing what to say. They have two other children who have to deal with the fact that their brother is no longer going to live with them. This is my absolute worst fear (aside from my girls dying, of course), and it has absolutely taken my breath away thinking about the grief that this family is feeling right now. Please pray with us. Pray for God's protection over this child. It has to be so confusing and heartbreaking to him, not to mention scary. Please pray for God to comfort this family and give them understanding. And finally, pray for a healing to take place in their hearts. A healing that only God can provide. I sent Jill an email, but honestly, I didn't know what to say, so I said the only thing I knew, and that was that I was praying for them. I know that if the tables were turned I would want my friends and loved ones to let us know they were praying for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








That is terrible! I will be joining you in prayer for this family. So sad.
ReplyDeleteThat is devastating!!! Will be praying!
ReplyDelete