Saturday, May 8, 2010

We have a Mini-Picasso

We came downstairs after dinner this evening to find that a little person had written all over our leather couch with a pen. Not sure which one is the culprit, but they definitely did a number on it. (Sorry for the poor picture quality, but there isn't much light near this couch, and I don't have a flash on my phone, which happened to be the nearest camera to the spot of the infraction.) The pic was taken after Jon had already gotten the pen remover stick after the "work of art".

Before...
After...

And really...what good is the pen remover stick if it's going to bleach your couch in the process of removing the pen marks??? So we either live with a huge pen mark or a huge bleached spot. Oh well, these couches are now our playroom couches, so it's to be expected that they'll get messed up and looked lived in.

Little Bit trying to help Jon clean it up...

I had gone upstairs to finish the laundry, and while I was gone Jon went to the bathroom and Little Bit followed him in (just another perk of parenthood...no privacy. lol), so he thinks Chipmunk did it b/c that was the only time that he wasn't actually sitting in the room watching them. And, a while earlier I caught Chipmunk with a pen that was in our checkbook. (You would think we would have learned from that incident, but nope!) It was hard to be mad at them b/c it was essentially our fault for leaving the pen out. We just told the girls to bring pens to Mommy and Daddy if they find them. Oh well, no matter who did it, Mommy and Daddy have learned their lesson...no pens lying around! :) But more then knowing which little girl did this, I really want to know who the ding dongs were that bought the camel colored couches??? Oh wait...that was us, pre-children, when we didn't know better! lol

2 comments:

  1. Rut Roh!!

    "she did it!" :O)

    I have heard that hairspray works wonders to get pen out of leather (you know, for the future.. hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pen remover stick...must remember that one.

    and ditto the hairspray comment.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers