Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Sometimes I think about Mother's Day and I actually feel a little sad. Sad about the fact that so many of my friends are hurting because they are still trying to have a child or because they're still waiting on the adoption process to make them a mom. But then other times I'm sad because I think about Carmen and Shannon and how they must be feeling. The fact that I became a mother was ALL because of their love, strength and sacrifice. And for that, my heart truly does ache. Then there are times when my heart swells with pride because I have my two beautiful little girls. But then I think about my friends who no longer have their moms with them on this earth and that really does make my heart hurt. I can't imagine living life without my mom. She's my biggest supporter, my confidant, and the person (on this earth) I most want to be like. It's just a range of emotions I wish I didn't have when it comes to celebrating Mother's Day. But, it's all part of God's plan, I guess.

So to those who are moms...enjoy your day. You are raising little souls and teaching them how to be loving, caring human beings. While motherhood is not easy and it's often thankless, I hope that you know you are SO needed!!

To Carmen and Shannon (who don't read this blog because they don't know it exists)...I AM thinking about you today because YOU are the reason I am a mom. You carried my precious girls inside of you for 9 months. You are their first moms, and I know you are thinking about them today. I am forever grateful to you both for taking such good care of them. I know the decision to place them in my arms didn't come easily for you. But I am SO thankful that you chose the gift of life over abortion!! And I applaud you for the strength it took for you to folllow through with an adoption plan. You are my heros!! And while you aren't mothering your daughter today, you are loved and very much thought of today because you ARE mothers!

For those ladies still waiting for their children...I still remember the ache in my heart that I had every year as I sat in the pew at church listening to the preacher honor all the mothers in the congregation. Oh how that stung! I wanted so badly to be a mom!! And just because I'm a mom now doesn't mean that I don't remember. Those feelings will never be forgotten!! So to you, I pray for an extra dose of comfort from above! And I pray that next year you will be beaming with pride as YOU are honored!

For those who have lost their mothers...I pray for peace and comfort for you today. I know you miss your mothers deeply. I pray that you can think about the wonderful times that you had with her, and while they are a sucky substitute for your mom, I hope that they bring comfort to you, if only in a small way.

To my mom (who doesn't read this but deserves MUCH recognition)...thank you for being YOU! No one on this earth was more perfectly suited to be my mom. I know I wasn't the easiest child/teenager/young adult to raise, but I hope that you can look at me and see a part of you. Thank you for setting godly examples of what a mother should be. I can honestly say that I am proud to be your daughter. It makes me beam with pride when someone tells me how much I look/act/talk like you. There's no greater compliment! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers