Monday, May 2, 2011

Potty Training Boot Camp 2.0

So...I decided it was time for our house to be DIAPER FREE!! Since Chipmunk had been showing signs of interest I decided this weekend was the time to start boot camp.

Day one in one word...AWFUL!!! We had wet land mines all over our basement! And the smell of carpet cleaner overtook the room. Chipmunk had no issues with pee running down her legs. ARGH! She is such a smart girl! Too smart! And stubborn...Oh my Lord!

Day two in two words...NO PROGRESS! I was beginning to think I had made a mistake! She was peeing all over the place, and more than her learning to recognize that "gotta go" feeling, I was learning how to read her signs of having an accident. The only time she would have success was if I said, "Let's go potty". :(

Day three in three words...Could it be??? I decided I needed to change my wording when I was reminding her about telling me. With Little Bit all I had to say was, "If you need to potty let me know so we can go to the bathroom." So I was saying the same thing with chipmunk because it worked so well with her. But With Chipmunk she needed me to be very literal. So I started saying, "If you need to tee tee, tell me BEFORE you do so we can go to the potty." And it has worked like a charm! So far we are 3 successes to 0 accidents! :)

Chipmunk is nowhere near being trained, but if she keeps going in this direction I'm hoping it won't be too much longer until she can put on some pretty undies!

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm writing all these tips down as we are very close to this stage as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you, sounds like you all are doing well:) Hang in there! and Congrats to both of your girls for potty training, such a BIG milestone!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers