Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011 (a couple days late)

While I know the title alone will make many people cringe because they are still waiting to be called, "Mama", I can't help but post about my very special day with my family.

Saturday we went to the zoo to spend some time together as a family. It was the perfect weather to be at the zoo! The girls LOVED all the animals, and there was little fighting or fussing considering they didn't get a nap. YEA!! :)

Since we got home so late Saturday night we decided to sleep in, go to breakfast somewhere and then head to church in time for Sunday School.

A little background...

Friday night I went to dinner with some mommy friends, and Jon took the girls shopping for my gift. What I wouldn't have given to see them shopping. :) Before he left with the girls, unbeknownst to me, he had the girls get money out of their piggy bank to buy me a present. Then he took them to Fi.ve Be.low (hee hee), to spend their $2 on a present for me. When they got home he had them make me some cards with their thumbprints, lots of stickers and coloring. I loved them!!!

Back to the story...

Sunday morning we gave the girls baths, got dressed and headed downstairs. They were so excited to give me their presents. :)

Little Bit gave me "ice cream" (filled with bubbles) because she said, "Mommy like ice cream." Too cute!!


Chipmunk picked out headbands. I told her they would be very useful when I was taking off my make-up. PRECIOUS!!



Then Jon gave me his gift. A beautiful bracelet with beads to represent the girls' birthstones and a candle that Little Bit picked out.




After opening my presents, we headed to Mi.mi's Ca.fe to have breakfast. There was no fussing, very little hounding about eating more slowly or taking another bite. It was AWESOME!! We headed to church, came home and had lunch, took naps, and then spent the rest of the day just enjoying each other's company. Jon did a great job making Mother's Day special for me. Love ya, Babe!

**********************************************************
To My BEAUTIFUL Blessings, I pray that I always tell you just how much you mean to me, but not only with my words, but in my actions. You are true gifts from God, and I do not take you for granted. I know I've made many mistakes, and I often feel that I'm failing you and could do so much better as your mom. But through every act of discipline and in every embrace, know that I love you more and more with each passing day, and nothing you do will ever make me love you any less. You are my heart!!! And you were worth every tear that I cried and every heartache I felt as I waited for God to bring you to me.

Love forever and always,
Mom


3 comments:

  1. What special gifts! I can't wait until my daughter gets old enough to pick out her own gifts. Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that sounds like an AWESOME mother's day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great gifts: Even more so since the girls picked them out themselves!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers