Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So excited!!!

I realize I just wrote all my new year's resolutions down the other day, but I've been working on them since Jan 1st. So how am I doing???

I'VE LOST 5 POUNDS in 18 days!!!! WOO HOO!!! Now, some of you are probably rolling your eyes because that it such a small loss, but to me that's HUGE!! Now I just need to start exercising!! Because the weight I've lost has just come from eating better, decreasing my Diet Coke intake and drinking more water. I've thought about joining a gym, but money is tight and will still be tight because next year the girls' school tuition will go up becauae they'll be going more often.

Speaking of money...I was paying a $150 copay every time I got my Remi.icade infusions (every 8 weeks), so that totals $1200 per year. In November we made sure to have that put into our flexible spending account (FSA) for this year so we wouldn't be taxed on that amount. Well yesterday we found out that I don't have a copay this year, and we weren't notified. In fact, we were told back in September that my copay was going UP, but weren't told how much. So now we're stuck with trying to figure out how to spend that money. Guess Jon will be going to an allergist, getting his tooth fixed, getting expensive glasses and sunglasses, and I'll try to get in with an endocrinologist and nutritionist. We used to be able to buy OTC meds and supplies with it, but we can't do that anymore.

So, Jon got to reading up, and they will allow us to use the FSA money to pay for exercise equipment if it's prescribed by a doctor. I can't run or do stairs because of my arthritis, and the elliptical is the best thing I've found to exercise on. It's low impact on my knees and hips and feet, my biggest problem areas. So Jon had the idea to ask my rheumatologist to write a prescription saying that she agreed that an elliptical would aid in my arthritis therapy, and then use our FSA money to pay for it. Love that idea! So I called and asked her for one, and I'm going in on Monday to hopefully pick it up! YEA!!! I can't wait to see how the elliptical will aid in my weight loss!

I'm so pumped about losing weight. Of course it does help that I'm motivated by our trip to Disney World in December, and I want to be able to ride all the rides and keep up with all the walking. I can't wait to take the girls and see their faces when they see the castle and all the characters!! I absolutely LOVE WDW!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cool!! And Congrats on the weight loss, believe me, I celebrate every single ounce!!! I once had an elliptical in my house and I would do an hour a day, and I lost some great weight then. I miss it :( I belong to a huge gym, but it's so overrated! We want to go to Disney in October or November too. What a fun thing to look forward to. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having 2 girls in school, I'd say you'll get to $1200 pretty fast. We upped out flex spending to $1500 this year--and since my sweet kohen had tubes last week, here it is only January and we only have $600 left. Knowing that you will lose what isn't used will also motivate you to take better care of yourself when you do get sick. Oftentimes, us moms will put off visiting a doctor when we really should go. I haven't been getting blog updates for you, so I was stoked to see this post =)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers