Our neighbor's dog found this little fella/gal this morning and got the spray of a lifetime. When I woke up this morning, I smelled something, but it smelled like more of a burning smell. That had me concerned because we had a HORRIBLE lightening storm last night, and two times the lightening hit VERY close to our house. So close that we heard the electrical crackle, saw the flash and then immediately heard and felt the boom. So I thought maybe something had caught on fire. But then I went to the basement, and I immediately knew it was a skunk. But I hadn't talked to my neighbor yet to find out what happened. It wasn't until 10:30 that I got the story. And it wasn't until 2:00 that I found out the little thing had sought refuge UNDER OUR DECK!!!!
So I spent the afternoon calling animal control to get them out to trap and release it. But they wouldn't come unless it was rabid and posing a threat. No matter that I have 2 small children who were VERY interested, and two of my neighbors have dogs and cats.
Jon added two spotlights under there to run it out. He just went out and checked, and it has left. Now to get chicken wire on the front of the lattice to keep it out for good. This weekend we'll work on something more permemant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I've never seen a skunk up close, thank goodness!! But I have to admit the little fellow is kinda cute, especially in the second picture. I'm glad the little fellow went on his merry way!
ReplyDelete