Last week I lovingly named my children, SheWhoDoesNotListen and SheWhoIsMoody. lol Now, before anyone gets worried, these names are interchangeable at any point throughout our day, which is why the are so perfect!! HA HA! OMG three is so much worse than the 2's. I have found myself absolutely losing it with the girls, but mostly just one who has been affectionately named SheWhoDoesNotListen. Her stubborness is so frustrating. I love her with all my heart, but man, I just can't stand the blatant disobedience. She has spent many minutes throughout our day sitting on the floor of her room thinking about her behavior.
We took a parenting class at the girls' school because I was at loss for what to do with SheWhoDoesNotListen, and I was tired of fussing and spanking. We learned a few good techniques, but I have to admit, it's all a work in progress.
We make the girls acknowlege our instructions with a "yes ma'am or yes sir". And we can tell that they are not complying we have them say, "Yes Mommy/Daddy, I will obey all the way, right away, the happy way." Of course, I had to explain what all that meant, but it is helping.
The thing that I think I like the most from the class was when they are throwing a tantrum we ask them to put their hands together and find their self control. This has also helped when we are out and about (to say, Target, where they are no longer loving the cart), so if they start touching things or acting crazy, I ask them to find their self control. The immediately put their hands together, which keeps them from touching everything, and then they come stand next to me. It's AWESOME!!
Needless to say we still have our ups and downs, but things are getting a little better. I don't feel like I fuss all day long. I still have to fuss, but not quite as often. Lord willing, we'll make it to the fours! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Oh I know what you are talking about!!! Sheesh my son wears me out and my daughters "tude" aka attitude with the rolling eyes etc drives me bonkers but I love them both like crazy and couldn't imagine my life without them!!
ReplyDelete