I apologize for the lengthy pause in posting. Things are still going well here. We had a lovely first Christmas with our precious Little Bit. Though she didn't fully understand Christmas, I think she had a fun day. She even woke up early for us...7:15 as opposed to her normal 9:00. I don't have any pictures on the computer yet...I've vowed not to do that until all the decorations are down! lol
After Christmas with my family J and I left for our Disney vacation with my BFF. We had a wonderful time, but by the third day we were really missing our princess. When we got home to my mom's house after the trip we were greeted at the door with her beautiful smile. We missed her so much, and it was wonderful to be back home with her.
She continues to amaze us every day. We have a game that we play with her...we point to her mouth and say mouth...she anticipates it once we get going and it makes her laugh out loud! Then we point to her nose and then her eyes, and then her ears, but when we say ears we say it in a high pitch and then let our voice fall off. She smiles so big and coohs. It's adorable. One night my mom was trying to get her to sleep and she started playing with mom's mouth, so mom started playing the game. Little Bit could point to all four facial features!!!!!! I am just in awe that at 4 months old she can play the game with us!!
Little Bit isn't sleeping through the night anymore. She's waking up wanting a bottle. After the first night I increased her to 5 oz thinking she was going through a growth spurt, but after the first couple of bottles she started throwing it up, so apparently she wasn't ready to have her intake increased. So we're back at 4 oz, and we're only going 2.5-3 hours in between feedings. At night she can go about 4 hours before she wakes up. I had definitely gotten spoiled with getting a full night's sleep, but I know she won't be this little for long, so I'm enjoying our middle of the night feedings. I don't always enjoy the mornings after because I'm back to being tired all the time, but that's okay.
We go on the 20th for her 4th HIV test. We're already praying that it's negative and if it is then we'll be released to a regular ped. She'll still have to have another HIV test at 12 months, but the ID doc said that our ped can do it and send her the results. YEA!!
As far as the adoption is concerned...we're waiting on the 20 days of publication to find the dad to be up. When that's up our adoption paperwork will be filed with the court and we'll be given a hearing date. At that time we're hoping that the judge will terminate both the BM and the BF's parental rights, and grant guardianship to my parents. Then we'll start the process of adopting from them. It would be nice if they could grant guardianship to us, but the original paperwork had my parents suing for guardianship, so I'm guessing that will still be the case. Guess I need to call our lawyer and ask!
I guess that's it for now. I really need to catch up on all your blogs. Even though I'm not reading and commenting regularly I am thinking about you all!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season. I can't wait to see Christmas pictures of the beautiful Olivia. I hope the adoption process goes smoothly.
ReplyDeletewow! what a process to go through!!! i wish you all the luck - prayers your way :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update Janna! Praying that O's upcoming HIV test is negative and that you can soon put this all behind you and just enjoy being a mommy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust a new blog follower and what a beautiful baby Olivia you have! She is obviously such a blessing! I will keep you in my prayers for ALL negatives with the HIV testing!
ReplyDeletewww.wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com