We had Little Bity's 4 month appt on Tuesday. She's now 24" tall, 12 lbs 13.5 oz, and her head is 16.5". So she's falling just slightly below the 50th %ile on all marks but I'm okay with that b/c she's perfectly proportioned. Then she got her shots. I know it hurts her to get poked, but it kills me to see her cry like that!
Then we headed to the county hospital for the appt with the ID doc. If you've never had to go to a county hospital...you're so incredibly lucky!! Our appt was at 1:30, and we left at 4:20!! And it's like that every time we go. It's horrible!! I cannot wait for the day when we can finally add Little Bit to our insurance policy and no longer have to use Medi.caid. But I do have to say that it's been nice not to have to pay for anything medically related...not a doctor's appt, blood test, prescription...nothing!
Anyway, so far all of the RNA (testing Little Bit's blood for genetic material of the diseases) HIV and Hep C tests are negative!! The antibody tests are still coming back positive, but that's to be expected. Little Bit will hold on to her BM's antibodies for up to 18 months, so they will test her again at 12 months to see if the antibodies have worked their way out of her system. If not, then they will tests again at 15 and 18 months (if necessary). She did have to take another round of tests this month since that's what the CDC recommends, but her doctor said that she's 99.99% sure that Little Bit will be HIV and Hep C negative since her birth, 1 month and 2 month RNA tests were all negative.
Tuesday was a rough day for Little Bit, but she was a real trooper. I don't know if I would like all that poking and prodding all in one day. She's an amazing little girl, and our perfect little miracle!! Thank you all for your prayers that her tests would come back negative. The Lord has spared our little girl from the horrible diseases that her BM could have passed on to her. We are eternally grateful that she's healthy and happy!!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








That is wonderful news. I'm so happy to hear it and hope the news continues to be good! She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news.
ReplyDeletePraise God! That is super!
ReplyDelete