Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've Been Tagged

The first tag...photo tag.

Here are the official rules:
1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.
2. Go to the 6th Folder and then pick the 6th Picture.
3. Post it on your bloggy and tell the story that goes with the picture.
4. Tag 5 other people to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog telling them about it.

We were celebrating my 34th birthday at P.F. Cha.ng's with our good friends. It was a wonderful evening!! (If you haven't been to P.F. Cha.ng's...it's AWESOME!!! And it's best to go with several people b/c you can order different things and share it family style. YUMM!!!) This is making me want to go there tomorrow night!

The second tag...7 random things about me

1. I played softball for 9 years as a kid and was picked up to play on 2 tournament teams after the regular season ended. The first one as a first grader for the "Ladybugs", and the second as an 8th grader for the "Tex-Ans". When I was on the Tex-Ans we won the Metro Tournament and went to the National Tournament in Richland, Washington. And it was there that I broke my left ankle sliding into second base. Three days later we returned to Houston where I had surgery to try and fix my growth plate. Fun times!!!

2. I am the product of a music teacher so I have been singing since I was pretty much able to talk. In high school I tried out for the Texas All-State choir my Soph, Jr, and Sr years, and I made it my Jr and Sr years. The try-outs for the region, area and all-state choirs are actually my fondest memories of high school.

3. I am scared to death of heights. I will ride roller coasters and ride to the top of a needle, but I HATE looking over the side to see how high up I am. I've never gotten sick, but my stomach feels like it's turning flips if I have to look down. Ugh! I just hate heights!!

4. I have a horrible fear that J and I are going to be killed in a car accident. I don't know why I have this fear or where it came from, but every time we get into the car for a long trip I say tons of prayers for protection.

5. I am an organ donor because my dad died while waiting for a heart transplant when I was a sophomore in college. Because of that, when it was time for me to do the persuasive speech in speech class I talked about organ donation. I was so excited that several people in the class filled out organ donation cards after my speech.

6. Growing up I was always overweight. In college I lost 53 pounds and got down to a size 8. I didn't stay in a size 8 for long because I LOVE food. In 2001 I decided that I just couldn't stand to be fat anymore so I worked my butt off and lost 68 pounds. On the day that J and I married I weighed 119 pounds. Unfortunately I've gained it all back because I got lazy and quit working out. Once again I'm to the point where I just can't stand to be the way that I am anymore so I joined the Y last year. I've been working out faithfully for a year and a half, but I have yet to lose much weight. I'm beginning to think that I'm supposed to be overweight. I hate battling my weight...it SUCKS!!! I really wish I could be happy with who I am no matter what I weigh.

7. I'm a girly girl who likes to shop, scrapbook, wear jewelry and buy designer bags. BUT I also LOVE football, volleyball and softball, and sports tend to bring out the tom-boy in me. So sometimes I feel like I don't fit in with the girly girls or the tom-boys. That was always hard for me as a kid.

I'm tagging...Jenn, Sarah, Bri, Laura, and Jen. Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers