Chipmunk had a big weekend!! Not only did Mimi (my mom) come into town for the weekend, but Saturday night Chipmunk decided she wanted to start crawling. Now Mimi has had the pleasure of seeing both girls crawl for the very first time! Mimi was quite excited!! But Chipmunk wasn't finished...she really started showing off for her Mimi and decided to start clapping as well. Our baby girl is growing up! It's hard to believe she's 8 months old!!!
Mom and I spent Friday at the holiday market in town. It's been a tradition for Mom and I to go together since we moved here, and man am I going to miss it when we move. The first two years we went I didn't have to worry about childcare, and last year we were carrying around a 6 week old Little Bit in a sling since Jon couldn't get off work, but this year Jon stayed home with both our girls. What a difference a few years make! As always, we had a great Momma/daughter day together spending lots of money and sharing lots of laughs, and Jon had a great time with the girls. I look forward to going to Holly.days with Mom every year. I hope we can find something like that up in Virginia!
We had grand plans to go to Boo at the Zoo on Saturday, so we got the girls dressed up in their fairy costumes, and headed to the zoo. But once we got there we sat in our car in a line just to get in the parking lot! After several minutes we decided there was no way we could handle that huge crowd (since there's only 1 restaurant in the whole zoo) so we met some friends for lunch and then headed home so the girls could nap. While the girls were napping Mom and I got out in the shed and started cleaning out and throwing away things that we didn't need anymore. I got rid of all my teaching materials (with the exception of the flash cards...I think we'll need those in a few years. lol), and I threw out other junk that we really didn't need anymore. Four huge contractor sized trash bags and several empty plastic tubs later, and the shed looks so much better (and now I have several tubs for the girls' clothes!) Mom is such a great organizer! She was such a huge help!!! Can't wait for her to come back!!!
Tomorrow is the big announcement for the move. I've been looking at homes online, and I think we've narrowed down where we want to live. Now we just need to find a house in our price-range. Not an easy task! I found one house that I'm in love with, but by the time we head up that way to look I'm sure it will be snatched up. But, I'm hoping not. It's a really great house (at least online, anyway).
This weekend we're heading to Dall.as for my niece's birthday party. While we really need the wekeend to clean our closets and start fixing up the house to get it on the market, this will be the last birthday party of hers that we'll be able to attend since we'll be moving, so we decided it was worth it to go. My niece loves to be around the girls. She actually calls them her sisters. She'll say, "I can't wait to play with my sisters. I know they are my cousins, but I want sisters, so I'm going to call them my sisters." Cute, huh?
The following weekend Jon's mom is coming for a few days, so I'm hoping to get more closets cleaned out while we have an extra set of hands to help out with the girls.
Gotta run...Little Bit is up from her nap, and Chipmunk will be up soon! Time to get them lunch and then head to the store!!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Clean up! Clean up! Everybody clean up! ~ a song my mom sang to us when we were her cleaning "helpers." Glad you're getting things organized before the move. Happy house hunting!
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI am the Community Manager for AdoptionVoices.com--the rapidly growing adoption social network.
I wanted to personally invite you to participate in AdoptionVoices for free by adding a profile for yourself (or your family) and connecting with others who share a similar passion for adoption. You can events, create and host groups, upload success videos, etc. We think you would be a perfect fit!
To join, simply go to www.adoptionvoices.com and click on the "sign up" box in the top right corner.
It only takes about 5 minutes to set up a quick profile.
Please let me know if you have any questions; it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.
See you on AdoptionVoices! ;)