Jon heard from his supervisor yesterday, and the move is official. We will be moving to Virginia this winter. But, it's still unofficial b/c the official announcement won't be made at work for a couple more weeks, so until it's been made we aren't supposed to be talking about it, especially with people who work for Ex.xon. So if you work for Ex.xon...SHHHHHH!!! :) Why am I talking about it if I'm not supposed to??? Because I need to process this, and the best way I know how is to write. I am a huge momma's girl, and when we moved here it wasn't that big of a deal to me b/c I was only 4-5 hours away from my family. And we were actually going to be closer to Jon's family so that was a plus to moving to BR. But, with this move to Virginia we are going to be a long way from family, and that is going to be a huge adjustment for me. We have met some wonderful friends here in BR that have become my "chosen family", and leaving them is going to be so difficult for us as well. So, I need an outlet to talk about my worries and stresses, and a safe place to talk about how sad I am about this move.
The good thing is we're no longer in limbo now b/c we know it's going to happen. How am I feeling about it? Let's just say I've cried lots of tears since Jon told me yesterday. To say that I'm not happy about this move is an understatement. I am happy about getting out of our old house, but other than that, I would rather be moving back to Houston if we have to move at all! But this is such a good opportunity for Jon, and hopefully it will only be a couple of years and then we'll be back in Houston (at least that's what we're being told, but the move to BR was supposed to only be 2 years, and by the time we leave we will have been here almost 5 years.) I hope and pray we aren't up there that long. I don't think I could stand to be away from my family and friends that long, and our budget won't be able to handle lots of trips home. So I'm going to keep telling myself that it will only be for 2 years so I can keep it together.
Being the list maker that I am, I've started making a list of things that have to be done to this house, and I'm already overwhelmed. And then I think about the fact that Chipmunk's adoption isn't finalized yet, and I worry that we can't sell this house until it's finalized. If we can't put our house up for sale until finalization we won't be able to buy a new house. Ex.xon knows our situation, so hopefully they'll be flexible and possibly let Jon work from here until Chipmunk's finalization date. Otherwise he'll have to go up there without me, and I'll just head to Houston so my parents can help me out with the girls. And he will have to live in transitional housing until her adoption is finalized and we can sell our house. But the problem with that is, the company will only pay for the apartment for a month. After that we'll have to start paying for it along with our house payment here, so we really need that court date!! I emailed our SW and explained the situation. She talked with the agency director, and we haven't been put on the docket yet, but we're apparently in Division A (whatever that means). So, please pray that we hear something SOON!!! :)
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Wow! That is a lot to worry about, but I believe prayer is better :) so instead of worrying for you, I will pray.
ReplyDeletewow wow wow ! well God always has HIS plan but I am sure there have been so many emotions! hopefully the work will understand with chipmunks finalization date and everything will be wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteI know this move comes as a mixed blessing and I will be praying that it all works out so that you can all make the move together. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI will be praying that everything will work out for you and your family.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I'm excited! But I'm also a very selfish person and want you here in VA.. haha. :O)
ReplyDeleteI can understand how you feel, though. Moving is rough. If it's encouraging at all, we have moved A LOT and some places are easier to make new friends than others. But what I've learned is that you get out of it what you put in. Being a military family, I *know* that we WILL move at least every 4 years, more like every 2. So if I went into every move assuming that I would hate the place and it was going to suck, then that wouldn't go very well at all. We were out making friends here within two weeks. It was HARD with two little kids in tow and an unpacked house and no hubby in sight, but we HAD to do it! Now, we have been here since June and have an amazing LARGE group of new friends, a few of which I can absolutely see myself being life-long friends with. So you really never know what will come out of it. Moving changes a lot of things. I have lost a lot of friendships simply because I was willing to stay in touch and keep things 'alive' and the other party wasn't. So it was better to learn that those 'friends' weren't in it for the long haul NOW as opposed to 10-15 years down the line. Conversely, some friends that I didn't think I was that close with have really surprised me by staying in touch and checking in on us, and those friendships have really bloomed!
So what else can I possibly say.. go into it with an open mind. You'll be OKAY, I promise! I just know that as soon as you're settled in and meet some people, get involved in a welcoming church, etc.. you'll be okay. And you have ME, and I promise that we'll visit as often as possible :O).
Oh my goodness! I am exhausted just reading all of that. Glad you are finally official with the news....here's to a speedy house update and adoption finalization!
ReplyDeleteWell congrats to John, but I'm sorry it's going to be so hard on you all. I can't imagine moving away from our families and friends, but we're talking about doing it down the road in a few years.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks that this had put so much stress on you and I hope you'll be able to finalize soon so that it's not even an issue. I've heard Virginia is beautiful!