Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend in Review

Last Tuesday we left for Houst.on so I could sell a lot of the girls' things at the Ju.st Betw.een Frie.nds (JBF) consignment sale. The JBF sales take place all over the country, but the south Hous.ton one was the closest one to us. If you want more info, go here. I took 52 items to sell from bouncy seats to boppy pillows to clothes, and I sold 46 of the items!! What I like about the JBF sales is that I get to chose the prices of the items and I make 65% of the profits. Most consignment stores around town only allow 50% profit and they set the prices. So all in all I made $140. I was pretty pleased. Jon said that I low-balled my prices, but I had no idea what to expect, so I would rather sell things for a little cheaper so I get some money for it. I didn't want to come back with anything! The good thing is, you have the option to pick your unsold items up or leave them to be donated to a local charity.

We got to see lots of family and friends while we were in town, and my BFF and her daughter came to town, too. We had a great weekend!

Little Bit turned 13 yesterday. It's hard to believe! She loves to play the "How big is Little Bit?" game. When we ask her that she holds her hands over her head while we say, "SO BIG!". She will woof when we ask her what a dog says, she wrinkles her nose and breathes in and out when we ask her what a bunny says, and her latest is the sssss sound for snakes. She's saying: thank you, momma, daddy, no-no, hi, bye...I'm sure I'm leaving some words out. But more that what she's saying, I'm so blown away with how much she understands. When I tell her let's go get a diaper she takes off for the nursery. If I tell her to get a book, she'll go to the book basket and get one. I'll ask her if she's hungry and she'll head to the kitchen is she is. If she's not she won't. I'll tell her to go get ___ toy, and most of the time she'll get the one I ask her to get. She loves to give hugs and kisses and love on her baby dolls. She's started blowing kisses, though she blows them from her ear for some reason, but every time we ask her to blow kisses she does the same thing, so we know she understands us. I've started asking her to walk away when she's somewhere she shouldn't be so I'm not saying "No,no" all day, and she'll do it. And lots of times she'll shake her head no while she's walking away. If Chipmunk (or anyone else for that matter) is doing something she doesn't like, she'll tell her/them "No, no, no." It's hilarious! Little Bit is getting this cute little personality, but the thing Jon and I have laughed over the most is how she's learned to manipulate him. When I have a plate of food she'll just come over and stare at me and even pat my leg until I give her some. But with Jon, she'll go over and put her head on his leg and look up at him with this sad little look.

Chipmunk is trying so hard to crawl. She's been up on her all fours for a few weeks now rocking back and forth. She started army crawling but now she's figured out that she can move forward by moving one knee forward, but instead of moving the other knee she gets up on her foot. It's working for her, but she eventually gets frurstrated and just starts whining. I don't think it will be much longer before she's actually crawling. She has learned how to sit up once she gets to where she wants to be, too. And she's finally started reaching for us.

Sorry, no pictures this time. I'm on the laptop, and all the pictures are on the desk top.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info about the consignment sale. I am thinking about doing the one in Ft. Worth early next year to get rid of our stuff.

    Wow, it sounds like Little Bit is doing great. She's a tad younger than ours but he's not saying much yet at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers