Seems we're doing a lot of waiting these days.
1. Chipmunk's finalization date
2. to book our house-hunting trip to Virginia (can't book until Chipmunk's finalization date is set)
3. to put our house on the market (again, we're waiting on a finalization date)
4. realtors to come survey our house and let us know what we need to do to fix up the house and how much they think we can ask for our house.
In the meanime, I'm stressing. Our lawyer (along with a few others) went to ask our judge why it was taking so long to get cases on the docket. And our lawyer told the judge our situation about the move, and how we were just wanting to get a date set so we could plan our trip and let a potential seller (and a buyer here in BR) know when we would be able to close. And the judge's reply was, "Everyone's got problems." So now I'm just hoping we haven't ticked off the judge. Our agency director has a friend who is the clerk for Judge Richey, so she's been calling to see what she can do to get us a date. We're not asking to be put ahead of anyone, we just need a date so we can start planning everything for our move. But the problem is that the clerk hasn't received our paperwork yet. It's apparently still stuck in the filing area. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea how the legal system works, but it shouldn't take months for our paperwork to be filed and put on a docket.
And of course I'm stressing about all that we need to do and clean out in order to get our house up for sale. We have a lot to do, and as organized as I can be, it's overwhelming now that I have the girls to look after. We have an old house, and while we've done lots of updating, there's still much to be done. And honestly, we don't have the time to do it with a trip to look for houses, Jon's business trip to transition, Thanksgiving and Christmas all within our timeline for moving. So I'm sure we'll be hiring someone to do what we could probably do on our own if we had the time. And somewhere in there I've got to shop for Christmas. Looks like everyone will be getting gift cards this year! lol It's a good thing we're going to my folks' house for Thanksgiving b/c my mom, sil and I always get up at the crack of dawn to hit the stores on Black Friday, so I'm hoping to tackle most of my shopping that day. When we're in MS for Thanksgiving I can't ever talk Jon into getting up that early with me, and his mom always has to work since she's in retail, so if I want to get up early and hit the sales I have to go by myself. And well, that's just no fun. :)
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I can relate to the house buying/selling craziness. we are in that process right now - hoping to close on both houses on Monday. But these last few months have been a whirlwind of craziness - packing, painting, lawyers etc. RRGGHH. but this too shall pass ;-)
ReplyDeleteI would imagine that is very stressful having to balance all of that and wonder when you'll get a date. If you could just get that date...
ReplyDeleteHope you hear something soon!
I hope the stress passes quickly (and they get you a finalization date ASAP!) In the meantime, I nominated you for an award :)
ReplyDeletehttp://themilleradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/2009/11/back-in-saddle-award.html
This too shall pass...
ReplyDeleteHope everything wraps up soon!