Thursday, November 5, 2009

Slacker Mom

This was an old post that I found I hadn't posted yet. It's old, but it had posts about what the girls were up to at 14 months and 9 months. :)

----------------

I've been such a slacker!! I haven't posted either of the girls latest "monthly birthday" posts. Things have been so crazy around here with the move and all the appointments with realtors, contractors and movers. Add in there several emails back and forth with the realtor up in Virginia, Halloween and trying to figure out holiday plans, and well, let's just say I've actually forgotten to post!



Little But was 14 months old yesterday, and she is as busy as ever. She's into everything and has to be where the action is at all times. The scarecrows that I have the house decorated with are very appealing to her. She loves to get them and hug on them. She's such a honey!! I love this age. She loves to make the /S/ sound when we ask her what a snake says. She really isn't saying too many words which worries me a bit. I try to get her to say some things, but she's pretty much sticking to Mama, Daddy and No. She will say "Yes" when Jon asks her if she's his pretty girl. And she's said "diaper" when I asked her to, but other than that, we're not talking too much. I talk about everything that we're doing to expose her to words and language, but she's just perfectly happy jabbering. Little Bit is such a happy girl unless it's time for a nap. Napping isn't her favorite thing, and she's really fighting the second nap of the day, so I'm wondering if she's trying to transition to just one nap, but it seems a bit early for that. Yesterday she climbed up on the slide that Jon's dad gave her for her birthday all by herself, and then she worked her way to the top of the slide for Jon to catch her. Before we've had to put her up there, but she's such an adventurer that she tried it for herself yesterday.



And Chipmunk's big accomplishment is that she finally drank out of a sippy cup without all the tears and drama this morning. The last 2 mornings have been very difficult b/c she wanted her bottle, but when I wouldn't give it to her (b/c I'm that hard-headed) the formula won and she drank out of the sippy. But today there was no crying!!! YEA!!!! Not long after she accomplished crawling she figured out how to pull up, and now that's all she wants to do! She wants so badly to be walking like Little Bit. I really don't think it will be long.



The move...Well, now that it's official we have met with two realtors and finally decided on the one that was the best fit for us. I liked both of them, so I made Jon choose! We should be going on our house hunting trip in a couple weeks. ACK...the move is feeling so real!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers