I find it so irritating when holier-than-thou moms find pleasure in criticizing other moms. Since when did that become okay? I mean, I get it if what the mother is doing is detrimental to her child/ren, but for something so stupid as being a working mom or SAHM, breastfeeding or formula feeding, doing IVF or adopted, or someone who has let their child watch tv before the age of 2??? OMG! Who gives a freaking care! You parent the way you want to, and let all other moms be for how they want to parent (unless they are doing something illegal or detrimental to their child/ren.) Geez...we get enough criticism from the rest of the world. Must other moms add to it??? BE SUPPORTIVE!!!!! And if you don't agree KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!
For the record...
I'm a SAHM, I formula fed, I chose adoption over IVF, and I DID let my kids watch tv (Baby Einstein, Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, Sesame Street, VeggieTales, Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) before they were 2. So there!! But if you are a working mom, you breastfed, you did IVF, and you don't/didn't let your kids watch tv before the age of 2, I'm happy that worked/s for you, and it's none of my business how you choose to parent. I will try to be as supportive as I can b/c moms need a cheering section!!
Getting off my soap box now. (But still very much fuming!!)
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Preach it Girl! Some people don't have anything better to do than to bring down other people. I completely agree with you! We should all be supportive of each other!!! I'll be in your cheer section! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to your scrapbooking pages of the holidays! (For the record, I still haven't started and to some moms that would make me a horrible mother...)
ReplyDeleteI'll be part of your cheering section too! As I was reading the second paragraph, it described me perfectly as if I wrote it.
ReplyDeleteLOL Love it cuz I feel that every day! The yees the comments everything drive me nuyts! I can only imagine what started this vent :)
ReplyDeleteDANG! Moms group didn't go well this time? And just for the record, I'm a working mom, breastfed, IUIx4, and let my 19 month old watch SpongeBob!
ReplyDeleteEvery mom and kid is different. And why do moms have to be so RUDE?!
You know I totally feel ya, sistah!!! Good grief!
ReplyDelete