Here's the post I wrote on Chipmunk's Adoption Day, December 23, 2009.
http://finally-a-mommy.blogspot.com/2009/12/forever-family.html
Dear Chipmunk,
Today's the 1st anniversary of your Adoptoin Day, the day that you became an official member of our little family. But honestly, you were an official part of our family the moment your birthmother placed you in my arms. So December 23, 2009 was just a formality.
I never thought my heart could love anymore than it already did, but the moment I laid eyes on you my heart immediately doubled in size. Your beautiful blue eyes looked up at me, and I knew at that moment that I would move Heaven and Earth to give you the loving home that you deserved.
You have the most precious smile. Those dimples consume your face, and everyone around you can't help but smile right back at you. And your giggle is absolutely infectious! I love to tickle you just so I can hear that precious giggle.
Like your sister, you LOVE to sing and dance. And when you're upset, we can sing to you and you will calm down. The first song you ever sang was "You are My Sunshine". You'd come up to us and say, "Happy", and we knew that you wanted to sing that song. It didn't take you long until you were able to finish each line of the song.
You are such a Daddy's girl. As soon as he walks in the house from being at work all day you are begging to be picked up and will whine and even cry uncontrollable if he puts you down. I think that comes from the fact that your Daddy came home every night when you had colic and tried everything in his power to calm you down. Those were definitely trying times, but it didn't make us love you any less.
You are my heart, Chipmunk! No one ever prepared me for how difficult it would be to have my heart walking around outside my chest. I want to protect you from ouies and disappointment, and heartbreak and frustration, but I know that all those things, along with all the good in your life, will help shape you into the woman you are meant to become.
I hope there's never a time in your life when you feel like I am not there for you or that you can't tell me what's going on in your life. No matter what happens in your life, I will ALWAYS be there for you, loving you and encouraging you through the good and the bad.
You are a blessing from the Lord, Chipmunk. And although we never dreamed you would come to us so quickly after we adopted your sister, God knew that our family wasn't complete. And we couldn't be happier that He chose us to raise you. I am honored to be your mother, and I promise to always look out for your best interests. I will never take the days that we have together for granted.
Love Always,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)