This morning the girls and I were in Little Bit's room, and I overheard them carrying on a little conversation as I was going through her closet to get some clothes ready to sell.
LB: "My snowman."
C: "Where bear?"
LB: "I get it." (She heads off to the toy bin.)
LB: "Here ya go."
C: "Tank to."
LB: "Welcome."
Isn't that the cutest thing???? I just love those two with all my heart!! They may be stinkers sometimes, but gosh, my heart overfloweth!!!! :) Sometimes it absolutely floors me that they are able to carry on a conversation with each other! But then the awe quickly turns to sadness because it means they are growing up. I feel like I have spent most of their little lives wishing away time...wishing Chipmunk would grow out of the colic and reflux, counting down the days until they could sit up so they would be happier, longing for the day when they could walk because it would be so much easier on me, pleading with them to "use your words" when they were fussing about something and I had no idea what on Earth it could be, etc... I know they grow up much too quickly, and years from now I'm going to wish they were still little. But now that I've heard their little conversation I KNOW I'm not ready for them to grow up! I'm not ready for the day to come when I wish they would hush because they have absolutely talked my ears off! lol And I'm certainly not ready for the fights over clothes, boys and the car!! lol
They are my heart!! The biggest blessings of my life!! Going through infertility, at times, made me feel as though my heart had stopped beating. It seemed like the only thing that could start my heart beating again would be that BFP, that pregnancy that I could carry to term and ending with us holding our newborn baby in our arms. But now I look back on those months and months of heartache and pain I am continually humbled by the fact that their birthmothers entrusted their little girls to us. And while I wholeheartedly believe that God put this whole plan into motion, I also believe that He handpicked Carmen and Shannon to restart my still and lifeless heart.
While neither of the girls came to us at Christmas time, I find that Christmas makes me appreciate the selfless acts of Carmen and Shannon even more! They gave me the greatest gifts!! And they allowed someone to finally call me "Mommy", that name that I have always wanted as part of my identity.
It's amazing the feelings their tiny conversation has stirred up in me. :)
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








So sweet.
ReplyDeleteAnd "mama" is the BEST word in the entire world, isn't it?
Love this! Thanks for the reminder :)
ReplyDelete