That's all I have to say!! Ok, not really! :)
We have had successes, but we're nowhere near potty trained. If I can catch Little Bit dry I'll take her to the potty and she'll go without a fuss, but this going every 20-30 minutes and sitting on the potty is not working. All it's done is cause tantrums and tears b/c I'm taking her away from her toys. :( For a while there she was telling me when she needed to poop, and we went a week and a half without changing one dirty diaper! YEA!!! But once I started the every 20-30 minute trips to the potty that stopped and she's back to pooping in her diaper. I know...get rid of the diaper, but I'm not ready to clean up all the messes! If we were making more progress I'd ditch them, but I don't feel like she's ready to put the big girl panties on. I don't know, maybe I need to try her in them and see if that makes her want to keep them dry.
I have the Hug.gies app for the i.pho.ne, but unless the app is open and active then the alarm won't go off. It's great for the after potty stuff...you add "stickers" and once you earn so many "stickers" it will open a game, but it's useless for reminders unless I want to completely run my battery down. So I bought the po.tty wa.tch. Yep...I'm a gimmick girl! :) Little Bit LOVES jewelry, so I'm hoping having her very own "watch" will make her interested when it goes off. Maybe hearing the watch go off instead of mom taking her away from her toys it won't be as upsetting to her when it's time to potty. I don't know...I'm a potty training rookie, and I have no clue what I'm doing.
Our ped said to potty train both girls at the same time. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!! Holy cow! I have started catching Chipmunk before she poops in her diaper and rushing her to the potty (b/c she doesn't keep it a secret that she's pooping with the red face and grunting), but that's about as far as it's going with her until Little Bit is trained. All you mothers of multiples...you have my admiration! :)
We will keep on keepin' on, but man this is hard! It's like my life stops in order to remind Little Bit about pottying. If I get busy she'll go in her diaper. I know...suck it up and just try things until I find something that will work. :)
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I am only posting this because I went through the same thing with my first kiddo- a girl. I thought I was going to pull my hair out. We went round and round with potty training and it seemed to take forever. THE one thing that I learned from this experience is this- when they are ready to potty train they will and not a minute before hand. So when kiddo #2 came along I decided to let him "tell me when he was ready". Last Dec. I thought he was showing signs and telling me he was ready- but apparently not, we struggled with it so I backed off went back to diapers etc... A couple of months later he showed interest again and we tried with MUCH success:) We had very few accidents and within 2 weeks he was completely potty trained (with a minor accident here and there) including nap and night time! I was SHOCKED at how easy he was, but I honestly believe I listened to him rather than pushing the concept like I did with my daughter. With my first kiddo I did pull-ups etc.. with my second kiddos we went straight to big boy pants. I hope that this helps, not stress yourself:) I wish you all the luck!
ReplyDeleteWe are in the process of potty training too! I tried the every 20 to 30 minutes and we had the same thing...HUGE tantrums so I went to every hour unless I see signs that he has to go. We are doing the big boy underwear usually no pants (less laundry) but we have cleaned up quite a few messes. We are trying hard but not trying to rush him either.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
Good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteTae was right at 3 when she potty trained. I waited until she was ready and it came pretty easily! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog for a while and I think I have posted before but I can't remember for sure...I actually have twin girls about the same age as your littest one. We have not competely started but are talking about it. I have a ebook that several of my twin mom friends recommend for potty training more than one at a time. I would love to email you the book if you want...My email is eaw00a@acu.edu if you want it! Good luck, we will be starting soon!
ReplyDeletehttp://tribalbaby.org/ECprimetimes.html has some good ideas for times to try the potty. It's about EC (which we did with TTG) but the principles apply anyway. Try not to stress about it :)
ReplyDeleteYou are 100% correct...potty training sucks.
ReplyDeleteI hate to tell ya, but what worked with Ellie was just ditching the diapers/pull-ups all together and putting on the big girl panties. We stayed in the house and only in panties for about three "messy" days, but by day 4 she had it, even at night and naps. Crazy I know and a bit gross and I was ready to quit by about day 1.5...but it worked. She hated having pee run down her leg and that was the only thing that motivated her to listen to her body and go to the potty...gross I know but it only took a couple of times before she was running to the potty to avoid the grossness.
I tried to potty train her once right before she was two and she was not ready. I tried again when she was a little over two and did the "straight to panties" method and that was what worked and has stuck. The first three days are pretty draining, but it worked.
Every kid is different and just take comfort in knowing that something will work someday and that you won't be in the potty training stage forever! : )
Miles is getting interested in the potty. I'm so nervous! And I hear boys are harder. Hearing your story, I'm even more nervous!
ReplyDelete