While I am thankful for being able to get an adoption tax credit, it's a load of crap that we can't e-file b/c they want to see documentation for the adoption this year when they didn't require it last year, AND it's going to take them 14 wks to see that the documentation is included and legit before we can even CHECK THE STATUS of our refund. That's not 14 weeks to receive our refund. That's 14 weeks to just check the status of our refund (when it takes 72 hrs if you e-file and 4 weeks if you mail it in). It's so frustrating!! I just don't get how it takes 10 weeks longer than a regular mailed in return just to go over 1 more form and see that the decrees are there (and possibly read through the 3 pages of each decree to see that they're legit). And then they'll take even longer to actually process the return. It's so frustrating!! And to make it worse, we couldn't get our taxes filed any earlier b/c we were waiting on the adoption credit form to be published. Crazy and inefficient!
I'm trying not to get too frustrated, but the more I think about how long we waited to finally be parents, and all the hoops we had to jump through to get our girls, the more frustrated I get. It's just one more way to "prove" that we're parents. I know it's a lot of money to shell out that the government doesn't have to give out, but to make it take that long when lawmakers (on both sides of the aisle) spend money like it's water...well, it just ticks me off.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








What?! That's just total crap! Talk about discrimination....of course it's the government so there's no way to prove that.
ReplyDeleteHopefully it goes through faster than expected.