I'm having issues with my rheumatolgy office and getting verification from my insurance company for a medication I've been on for over 10 years! This is the Dr that I was seeing before we moved to LA and VA. Now I'm back with him, and his office says my insurance won't cover the drug if I haven't tried and failed Enbr.el and Hum.ira. Thing is, Remicade was the ONLY drug that was around 10 years ago for my kind of arthritis when Dr Waller put me on it. Since then Enb.rel and Hu.mira have come on the market. But now I'm supposed to get off a drug that has worked for the last 10 years to meet their new requirements b/c there are two new cheaper drugs????? Not happening!! I get that it's a VERY pricey drug, but insurance companies should NOT be allowed to dictate care b/c they don't want to pay. After being on the phone for 2 hours, apparently this is something new that Cign.a is requiring, and when my new Dr put in for an authorization they assumed I was a NEW Remica.de patient. Let's not look in your system and see that I have been on this for 10 freakin' years and that it's a Dr in a totally different state putting in for authorization, and that might indicate that WE HAVE MOVED! No, that would be too easy!! So now I have to track down my Dr in VA, yeah the one who left the practice back in August, to get her to transfer my current authorization to my new Dr. We're hoping another Dr in the practice can transfer it for me since my Dr is no longer with them. But this has been a HUGE hassle!!!
Next issue...I loaded AVG Internet Security on our 3 computers on 10/15, and it was working well on all 3. Shut all computers down to go out of town last Friday. Come home to AVG not working properly on our desktop. Call AVG. They tell me to uninstall and reinstall. I do that. Still not working. Call back and I'm told, it sounds like you have a virus, and for $9.99 out tech geeks can take over your computer to see what's wrong. Ummmm....didn't I purchase your software so I wouldn't get a virus???? I'm not paying MORE money for your tech geeks to look at my computer when your software didn't do what it was supposed to do. Now, I'm no tech geek, but that sounds fishy to me...
I went to look and see if our voter registrations had been processed, and even though I turned both Jon's and my forms in at the same time, only mine had been processed (and the deadline is now passed, so it won't be processed in time to vote for POTUS). So Jon is still a registered voter in Va. The positive point to this is that he has been in VA working, and since early voting started today, he can go early vote up there. Whew...at least there's a positive there!
And last...we have been fighting with our builder to get our yard sodded since we closed almost 2 months ago. When we put our offer in we asked for the back yard to be graded and sodded. They didn't get it done before closing, so they gave us $900 to get it done. Sound low to you? Well it is! We got a quote from the guy that our builder uses for $1700, and that doesn't include sand if they have to bring in more sand. I'm no dumby, but I don't think there's a yard guy around that gives close to 50% discounts to builders. So basically our builder low-balled us. He's denying it, and told us he was given a price of $107 per pallet when we were given $170 per. That is WITHOUT grading. So now we're fighting with them to give us more money.
And of course all this is on top of Jon being gone for 2 weeks, Little Bit having pink eye, Chipmunk having a horrible asthma issue, and Little Bit getting bronchitis from an average cold. Needless to say, the minute Jon comes home from his trip on Friday I will relinquish ALL control over to him. I'm kinda done. I need a spa day!!!








OMG!!! YES you do need a Spa day! Good gravy you have a lot on your plate, hope you get some relaxation soon. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteAwe, bless your heart Janna! I was stressed just by reading how stressed you've been! I *so* hope you were able to make the spa day, because Lord knows--girl, you need it! XO! I bet the girls are growing up so big!
ReplyDeleteOh my! Poor you! That is way too much stuff for just one day, way too much for a week. No wonder you are stressed. I hope that everything settles down in the coming days. You definitely deserve a spa day!
ReplyDelete