Only those who endured years of choral training and solfege (Do-Re-Mi, etc...) will appreciate this video, but let me tell you just how proud I was of my girl when she did this. A little background...We gave Little Bit the Lit.tle Ein.stei.n Symph.ony Comp.oser for Christmas this year. It's a toy that plays classical music, and it has a little equilizer that she can raise and lower different instruments (violin, harp, piano, etc...), and it will actually play that instrument louder or softer in the song. And then it also has different characters singing parts of the scale with solfege syllables. And she accidentally stepped on the character that says, "Sol-La", and she immediately followed with "Ti-Do". She was a little off key (but to be honest, so are the characters on the toy which disappointed me), but it was the fact that she knew "Ti-Do" came after "Sol-La" at only 18 months that was so exciting to me. Yes, I'm a musical nerd!! :) Here's a reinactment...
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Thanks for the explaination of soflege. To be honest, when you posted it on FB, I had to Google the word! I had never even heard of it! And I was in church choir my whole life! It is super cute.
ReplyDeleteEvan watches the Little Einsteins videos. One day I hit a big bump in the road and Evan yelled, "Staccato!" (I don't think I spelled that right.) Then he said, "That means a big bump in music." It amazes me how much he has learned about music, dance, and art from watching those videos.
ReplyDelete