Monday, September 6, 2010

Little Bit's World!

We've had a big weekend here in our house! It started Friday when my mom came into town to celebrate Little Bit's 2nd Birthday. We had a party Saturday afternoon.

Our beautiful birthday girl!



While I did make this cake, it wasn't an original idea. :)


Blowing out her candle.


And she dove right into her piece of cake. lol



It's time for presents!


More bows!!!


Mommy and Daddy gave her a Rody.



Thank you, everyone!!!



We went to dinner after the girls woke up form their nap, and they put a sombrerro on Little Bit and sang to her. She loved it!



And then we were off to TRU to spend her money from Grammy and Papaw. But first, a princess must get her crown!



Scoping out the store for the perfect toy!



She settled on the popper over all the loud, electronic toys with all the flashing lights. And she has pushed that thing all around our house. She loves it!


Little Bit had a wonderful day!

Sunday afternoon we went across the street to the park b/c it was an absolutely beautiful day! And then today we headed to B-A-B to spend the gift certificate from her cousin Jess. She built a cute little Panda that we named, Pandy. :)










And then we went to the play area at the mall to burn off some energy.








All in all, we have had a wonderful Labor Day weekend, and I'm so glad that my mom was able to come into town to celebrate Little Bit's birthday and to make more memories with the girls. They love their Mimi!

The only bad part about the weekend was having to say good-bye to my mom today. Even after living here for 8 months, it's still so hard to see her board that plane. I'm such a Mama's girl, so I don't know that it will ever get easier. It's been a blessing that she's been able to make 5 trips up here this year, and we've made several trips back to TX b/c Jon has to go for work, but I know that next year we won't be able to travel as much b/c we'll be purchasing 4 tickets. It really stings when my girls bring her name up out of the blue. It means a lot that they think about her enough to mention her, but it also breaks my heart b/c I know they miss her so much. But I guess each good-bye just brings us closer to the next hello, so I'll just keep thinking positively, and keep looking head to out next trip! But it does feel like I'm wishing away time when I do that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to steal that party sign idea....

    Great party and her Elmo outfit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers