I can hardly type this without crying b/c I just can't believe that you are 2! This is the first picture we ever received of you. You were just a few days old here, and the moment I laid eyes on you, I was in love!
I look at you now, and I'm just so proud of the little girl you've become.
The thing that just amazes me about you is your tender heart. You can tell when when someone is upset or uphappy, and you immediately want to help them feel better. Whether you're giving them a hug or patting them on the back, it just amazes me that you can sense their feelings at such a young age. I pray you will hold onto that gift of empathy. You will bless many with your sweet spirit and tender heart.
You are so mannerly. I think "thank you" is the phrase that comes out of your mouth most often. Whether I'm giving you a drink, fixing your snack, helping you with a puzzle or getting something for you, you never forget to say thank you. And sometimes one thank you isn't enough. lol I'd love to take credit for this, but honestly, I think it's just your personality, and once you knew how to use that phrase, it just became a natural part of who you are. In fact, if you do something for me and I don't thank you quickly enough, you will say, "Thank you, Mommy", but I think you are really trying to get me to say thank you b/c that is how I taught you how to say thank you. If I did something for you, I would say, "Thank you Mommy," to get you to repeat it. It didn't take you long to learn when to say it, and now you expect it in return. I just love that!!!
I have had a problem with you being too rough with your sister. You have a tendency to take things from her if she has something you want. But you figured out that if you give her something else as a replacement it isn't as bad. And sometimes you hug her so hard that you pretty much put her in a headlock and bring her down to the floor. lol And unfortunately you have figured out the word, "Mine", and will push your sister out of the way to keep her from whatever it is you're playing with. I'm hoping that this phase will pass soon. Really soon! :)
I love you more than life itself, Little Bit. You are my heart, and you have brought so much joy to my life in the 2 short years that you've been apart of it. I am blessed beyond measure! I am honored to be your mother, and it has been a pleasure to see life through your eyes. You have taught me so many things, and you don't even know it.
Love,
Mommy
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










I bet we are both balls of emotions today! Happy Birthday LIttle Bit! You are so loved by your mama and Daddy! Have a wonderful WONDERFUL day to you all!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Little Bit! It is amazing what a person learns or sees through the eyes of a child.
ReplyDeleteAww, this is so sweet and filled with so much love. Happy 2nd to your baby.I am your newest follower. Hope you can stop by and follow back!
ReplyDeletehttp://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/
She is just beautiful, inside and out! Happy Birthday Little Bit!
ReplyDelete