The Bad...I was preheating the oven in preparation for dinner, and it started smoking. I had forgotten to clean the butter off the bottom of the stove from the Tuesday night's dinner, so it burned and started smoking. I quickly turned the oven off and turned the fan on, and then ran to open windows before the smoke alarms went off and scared the girls. Then I began to clean the oven so I could get dinner cooked.
The Frustrating...Now that the oven was clean I could start prepping our hamburger pie. I got everything in the pie plate and went back to check the recipe to make sure I got everything in. That was when I realized that I put in 2 tsp of minced garlic instead of minced onion. UGH! I was hoping it wouldn't be a bad thing, but when the stuffing mix and the ketchup all had garlic in it, it was definitely garlic overload. lol But the girls gobbled it up, even Little Bit who always has to be reminded to take each bite or we'd be sitting at the table for over an hour. So out of frustration comes something good.
The Stupid...I was trying to see if the fake drawer under our sink was one of those fold down drawers for sponges, and I pulled the fake drawer cover off, breaking the plastic clips that hold it in place. So now I have a crooked fake drawer. lol
The Clumsy...As if dinner last night wasn't bad enough, I was on the phone with my mom after we got the girls to bed last night, and I stubbed my pinky toe on the packed up pack-n-play that was still sitting on the floor of the basement from when the air upstairs went out. So I had Jon run up for the girls' ouie cool packs, and I kept them on there for a while, but it's still black and blue this morning. Little Bit keeps pointing at it and saying, "Mommy ouie". Yep, clumsy Mommy has another ouie.
The Irritating...I got in the car this morning and couldn't find the gps, but we were running late for Chipmunk's follow-up appt so I didn't take the time to really look for it. But I couldn't get it out of my head. I used it yesterday morning on the way to a playdate, and I knew that I had put it back in the protective bag and in the dash compartment. When we got home from the appt I looked all over for the thing, and then I noticed that the suction cup was missing as well, so I knew something wasn't right. But the weird thing was that the power chord was still on the floorboard. I called Jon and asked if he had gotten it out of my car this morning, and he hadn't. So it seems that someone broke into my car sometime yesterday/last night and stole my gps. But the worst part is that I don't remember if I locked my car or not. It's not uncommon for me to leave it unlocked b/c I bring my keys and the diaper bag in the house first and then I go get the girls out of the car. So by the time we're in the house I've forgotten all about locking the car. So in theory this could possibly be all my fault. But several of my friends have said it's actually better that the door was unlocked b/c if they really wanted something they would have broken the window and that would have been a bigger hassle. I think that they found my car unlocked so they decided to rummage around. If it had been locked, since the gps was not in plain site, I think they would have gone on to check the next car. I'm just glad I brough my i.pod inside a while back.. Normally that's in the dash compartment as well. So I filed a police report, but I'm sure nothing will come of it. It's just irritating b/c thieves are getting smarter and smarter these days, and it's so sad that they aren't using their smarts in a more productive way.
The Praise...Back in May we traveled home from Houston, and the airline (who shall remain nameless) ruined our Mac.laren stroller, one car seat and tore the front pocket on our suitcase. We were able to get the car seat replaced, but their contract of carriage excluded strollers and luggage. After making several phone calls, emails (one of which threatened to take them to small claims court) and 2 trips back to the airport, the airline said that after looking at the flight log there was no turbulence in the flight and admitted that they were careless with 3 of the 6 items that we checked. So they are repaying us for the stroller. They aren't doing anything about the luggage b/c Jon told them that if they'd cover the stroller we'd let the bag go b/c we had no receipt and no way to know the current market value for a 7 yr old bag. But it gets better...for our trouble they have given us a $200 travel voucher!! That will help with the cost holiday travel!!
The Answered Prayer...Since the day we were told we were relocating I began praying that we would find a church to attend and that we would meet some Christian friends. I joined a local playgroup through meetup.com, and have met some really nice ladies, but few of them go to church. While that means there are some possible witnessing opportunities once I get to know them better, it's still left me feeling alone. We are planning to join the church we've been attending the next time they have their class, but even though we've been going there for months, I still felt like we weren't connecting. I signed up for the MO.PS (Mother's of Preschoolers) group, and that starts next month, but the first meeting is the day Chipmunk has her tubes in, so I'm going to have to miss out. But Sunday things changed. Jen, the girl that's heading up the MO.PS group stopped me in the foyer and asked me if I was planning to join. I told her I mailed my info in earlier in the week, and she sounded genuinely excited. We ended up sitting next to she and her husband in Sunday School, and we got to talking about adoption. They are in the process of adopting their son from Korea. And today Jen emailed to ask if I wanted to go to lunch next week! YEA!!!! I'm so excited!!! It's definitely an answered prayer!!!!
My life...what a whirlwind!! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








WOO-HOO!!!! So HAPPY to hear that you found a friend/ made a connection at your church- sounds awesome:) Makes it even better that it is someone who you can connect with, when it comes to adoption- I am sure she will be needing some support too. Your other "stories" remind me of my days, I just had to sit back and laugh- not at you with you:) If it is like me you have to laugh! Enjoy your lunch date and hope that you enjoy the MOPS group!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to love MOPS! My church started a group the year I had Taegan and it was such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteBOO to the oven drama!
ReplyDeleteHilarious about the sink front drawer. You can buy a kit to make it into a sink front tray for like $9 from Lowe's. Easy peasy installation.
Sorry for mama's ouie! EEK - black and blue?
Dang theives are so annoying!
YAY for the airline pulling through!
And super YAY for Christian MOPS aka more friends!
Glad things are going well
ReplyDeleteWell in the end any way the oven fiasco not so much ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! For new friends! I think the rest of the stuff that's happened you probably could have lived without lol At least no major damage was done, besides your toe and the GPS.
ReplyDelete