Tuesday, August 24, 2010

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY OF YOUR ADOPTION DAY, LITTLE BIT!!!!

One year ago today we were standing in front of a judge finally being declared an "official" family. I will always have the words of Judge New.ey, "I am pleased to grant your request," etched in my mind.

This is the post I wrote once we got back into town from spending the weekend in TX for the adoption.

http://finally-a-mommy.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-am-pleased-to-grant-you-your-request.html

Little Bit,

You were brought into our lives as an answer to our prayers, and you have changed our lives in so many ways. No longer are the days of  vacations with just the two of us, but now we are loading up diapers and toys, a dvd player and dvds, and let's not forget your lovey, blankies and pillow. But we wouldn't have it any other way. This is the life we always dreamed about and prayed for. You have absolutely been the BEST thing that has ever happened to us! We love you so much is hurts!!!

Your smile brightens any room, and your laugh is absolutely infectious. You amaze me every day with the new words you can say or the new things that you're learning. Little Bit, you have the most tender heart I've ever seen in a child. You love to give hugs and kisses, and when Chipmunk isn't listening you gently guide her in the right direction. It's absolutely amazing. Many times when you see another child crying you whine as if you know how they are feeling. It truly concerns you when another child isn't happy. I hope that you'll hold onto that sense of empathy.

You LOVE to sing, and it's such a joy to hear you sing your favorite songs. Whether it's the praise songs we listen to in the car, the songs that you've learned from the numerous toys that fill our playroom, the ones that I sing to you each night, or the ones that Daddy and I have taught you, your sweet little voice brings a smile to my face every time. I'm just floored by how many songs you know, and I'm convinced that the songs are where most of your vocabulary has come from.

You no longer want me to rock you to sleep. As soon as I'm finished singing my "set list" as we call it, you want to be put in your bed with "Hoppity", "Mischief", your blankies, lovey and pillow. Most nights it breaks my heart b/c I don't want you to grow up. I want to stop time and hold onto you forever. But another part of me is so proud that you are growing up and becoming more independent.

You are my heart, Little Bit! No one ever prepared me for how difficult it would be to have my heart walking around outside my chest. I want to protect you from ouies and disappointment, and heartbreak and frustration, but I know that all those things, along with all the good in your life, will help shape you into the woman you are meant to become.

I hope there's never a time in your life when you feel like I am not there for you or that you can't tell me what's going on in your life. No matter what happens in your life, I will ALWAYS be there for you, loving you and encouraging you through the good and the bad.

I am honored to be your mother, and I promise to always look out for your best interests. I will never take the days that we have together for granted.

Love Always,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. How special! Happy Gotcha Day Livi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love this! Happy Gotch Day O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janna you made me cry! ;) Happy Day Little Bit! What a blessing you are !

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers