Those were the sweetest words in all the world to hear on Monday, and with those words came the long awaited finalization of Little Bit's adoption! We are now OFFICIALLY the proud parents of Little Bit! What a wonderful feeling knowing that we are a FOREVER FAMILY!!!! It just gives me chills!
I had invited Little Bit's BM's half sister (my step-sister) to come, and my friend from BR who just moved to Houst.on, Michelle, came as well. But the biggest surprise of the day was when Michelle came around the corner with another friend of mine, Lauren, from BR. Of course, I immediately started crying when I saw her. I was so surprised that she had made the trip, but I'm not sure why I was so surprised. That's the kind of friend she is! Love you, Lauren!! It was the PERFECT day with special family and friends!!!
Monday didn't go without a hitch, though. The court reporter (who was needed for the termination portion) was late b/c she wanted to take her children to school for the first day. And apparently she didn't make plans for someone to cover for her, so we waited...and waited! In the meantime, the lawyer for the unknown birthfather stepped out for 5 minutes, which then turned into an hour and half, so we waited...and waited. Once she finally got there at 11:00 they called my parents in for the BM and BF terminations (3 hours after we were supposed to be called in). And about 15 minutes later my step-dad came out and called us in. We answered a few questions, and then heard the words we have longed to hear for months.
After we were finished they took us back and let us pick out a bear for Little Bit. The bailiff had a white bear in his hands, but Little Bit wasn't too interested in that one, so I picked up a brown bear, and she lunged for it! And she didn't let that bear go for hours! It was like she knew that bear had a special meaning to her.
After the court hearing we headed to Spaghe.tti Ware.house for lunch (with bear in hand). Then it was time to head home for Little Bit's adoption celebration! So many dear friends and family stopped by to congratulate us. It was such a special time!! But by the time the party was over we were POOPED! So we stripped the girls down to their diapers (they were wired!) and let them play in the floor while we grabbed a bite to eat. We got the girls to bed around 9:30 and then I got on FB to find so many sweet comments and posts congratulating us. What a wonderful way to end the day!!!
Pictures to come...I've got to go unpack and start getting the house cleaned up. We got in late last night so we just dumped everything in the kitchen and bedrooms and started getting the girls ready for bed.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Janna, We are so happy for you! We are very proud to have yet another beautiful baby in the family. You and Jon deserve nothing more than pure happiness because you are both amazing people. We love you all and are looking forward to our next adoption celebration for Chipmunk very soon.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the finalization of Little Bit's adoption. Its been a long time coming.
ReplyDeleteOH MY! Praise be to God! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, the tears just keep on coming! I am so ecstatic for you guys.. this was such a long journey for you. She's yours FOREVER, hang on tight!! Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! So happy for you all. I can't imagine all that you guys have been through, but PRAISE GOD for working it all out for your good. What a happy day, congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is an amazing feeling.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is an awesome feeling when you become a forever family!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous day! Congratulations!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord! This is tbe best news I've heard in a while! Congratulations Jenna! I know you are just overwhelmed with love for her right now!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Reading this made me tear up. I am so happy that it's all official now!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! This is so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome this is!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a small world too...I grew up in church with Misty, recently found her on FB, found her blog which led me to your blog. I think we went to the same highschool and now I see that you and I read some of the same blogs!
Congrats again on the finalization. Can't wait to read more...