Monday, August 31, 2009

The Big News

So it's been a while since I left you all with the teaser of some big news. Sorry...life got hectic and emotional and wonderful, and I honestly just forgot that I hadn't followed up.

Sooooooo...the big news is....

We may be moving to the Fairfax, Va area in January. Nothing is set in stone, but we were approached with the move a couple of months ago and we didn't think much of it at the time b/c they were just asking if we'd be interested, but now it looks like it went from an "are you interested" to a 50% chance. I know 50% isn't a huge percentage, however, there are lots of people in agreement that this is a great thing for Jon's career and think that he's the best person for the job, so if his plant manager gets his way, we'll be up there sometime in January. I'm not all that excited about the move b/c I am, after all, a HUGE momma's girl, but it's good for Jon's career, and it's only supposed to be temporary (like 2 years), so I'm willing to suck it up and move that far away from my family if it will be good for him. I am, however, looking forward to experiencing all 4 seasons, especially a REAL fall!!! Down south we just have another spring, and while I like spring, I LOVE fall!!

I will keep y'all updated! *****THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME IRL, PLEASE DON'T MENTION IT TO ANYONE ON FB OR ANYWHERE ELSE!***** This is not official from Exx.on, so it's not supposed to be discussed. However, for my sanity, I need somewhere to talk about this, so my blog was my outlet.

Macy update...

She said "Momma" on Thursday, and that's pretty much all she's said since. While I know she's not directing her mommas at me, it's still a thrill her hear her say it!!! Melts my heart!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!!

    I totally skimmed and saw FAIRFAX, VA.. didn't read the rest, and clicked over the Mapquest and fumbled the keys as quickly as I could.

    WHY did you keep this from ME?! Ohhhh, I'm maddddd now!

    Okay, so I'm secretly hoping you move. I kmow, you have a lot of wonderful friends and family there - but I'M HERE! Ha! Okay, totally selfish. Whatever :O).

    P.S. 3 hrs, 24 mins. Not right next door, but totally doable for a weekend trip :O).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A move is always exciting, especially for a short time! Yeah for new experiences - not that you haven't had your hands full of those lately :0)

    "Momma.." I can't wait to hear those words myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers