I get an email (yes, an EMAIL) from our lawyer saying that the court that is handling Little Bit's adoption wants not only a state background check, but an FBI check as well. Yep, the one that I called and asked if we needed back in July and was told no. Well, now 18 days before finalization we are told we have to get an FBI check with fingerprints. And no, the original copy of the fingerprints that we had done last month WON'T work. We have to get NEW ones. As if our prints have somehow changed! GRRRR!!
So, amid some other very bad news that we got last night (I'll blog about that later) on our first official date night noless, that we got a very sweet sitter for, we now have to rush around trying to get the government to do a RUSH background check. Fortunately they don't charge extra for said rush, but we will have to pay to overnight the prints and forms to them, get them quickly through security (yep, all mailings have to go through security, but if we write "URGENT ADOPTION DEADLINE" on the outside of the envelope they will have pity on us and it will get thru faster), all the while praying that they get to the proper officials for check. Then we have to pay to overnight them back to us so that we can pay to overnight them to our lawyer with the hopes that they get to him before August 24th so he has a chance to get them filed with the courts prior to our hearing at 9:00AM on the 24th. Can you see my frustration in all this? I have been in tears all morning b/c with the news we got last night, this just sent me over the top.
Our lawyer says that the hearing will still take place on the 24th with or without the prints where the judge will hear all the arguements as to why Little Bit's biological parents need to have their rights permanently revoked. But the judge's signature for adoption finalization won't take place until the prints have come in and the judge has had time to review them. If they don't come back in time, as soon as they do our lawyer will get them to the courts, get the judge's signature on the adoption decree and Little Bit will be ours, but I would REALLY like to have this over and done with on the 24th! It's been long enough!!! So PLEASE PRAY that everything will get in on time and no more delays will pop up. I asked the lady at the FBI background check office if we had a prayer of this all happening on time, and she said yes so long as everything is filled out correctly and it's all overnighted, so I'm praying she's right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








WHAT A JOKE!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously?! I mean, REALLY?!
Ugh!! You guys deserve a break already.
I might need to hurt somebody for you! Can't believe these crazy people...stay strong we are praying and AUGUST 24TH will be the day its official!!! Passing the prayer word!
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable! I would be furious, not to mention incredibly stressed.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes through very quickly and you can get the adoption finalised on schedule.
Unbelievable! I would be furious, not to mention incredibly stressed.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes through very quickly and you can get the adoption finalised on schedule.
Interested in a FREE custom blog make over? Head on over to http://mud-duck-studio.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThat is ridiculous! I hope it all works out and hopefully in less than a month she will be yours free and clear and you won't have to mess with anything else!
ReplyDeleteIt's all going to work out. God has His hand all over this. So take a deep breath, and just trust Him... :)
ReplyDelete